The Senior Manager, Technical Reporting is responsible for all technical accounting research and its application to both internal and external reporting. This position will play an integral role in the Financial Accounting and SEC Reporting Function.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the evaluation of all significant accounting transactions, research and implementation of relevant accounting technical standards, and preparation of technical accounting memos supporting all accounting positions.
- Prepare quarterly consolidated cash flow statements.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s quarterly earnings releases.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s Form 10-Q and Form 10-K filings and associated consolidated financial statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis and supporting schedules.
- Responsible for leading the implementation of new technical accounting guidance and training
- Collaborate with the Director of Accounting Policy and the Director of Internal Audit for the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and internal controls, as needed.
- Challenge and understand financial information so that issues are resolved and financial results are properly recorded and presented.
- Coordinate with external auditors for quarterly reviews and year-end audit process.
- Perform account reconciliations and variance analyses as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, including experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply GAAP to new and existing transactions.
- Demonstrate clear proficiency in SEC reporting requirements and research.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong technical writing skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Interact effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.