The Sr Manager of Technical Accounting conducts/oversees technical research and accounting documentation over complex areas such as mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, and others. He/she will also partner with R&D program managers, Commercial and Finance personnel to conduct the annual review for potential impairment of IPR&D and the quarterly true up of contingent consideration liabilities. He/she will develop working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on US GAAP and accounting policy matters to various levels of management.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and highly judgmental areas, including analysis, relevant literature and conclusions.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of journal entries and financial reports in accordance to US GAAP.
- Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies & procedures.
- Interacts successfully with internal and external auditors and supports quarter end, interim and year-end audits by providing timely & accurate data and communication.
- Evaluates processes and recommends & implements process improvements.
- Participate in special projects, as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- An MBA/CPA/Chartered Accountant qualification is preferred. Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
- Requires in depth knowledge of US GAAP and general accounting policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required