As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting is responsible for leading the research and documentation for complex accounting matters at Change Healthcare. These areas include stock-based compensation, goodwill, intangible assets, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. This role will also support key initiatives related to the Company’s external financialreporting, including preparation of financial statements and disclosures.
The Technical Accounting Senior Manager is responsible for leading the research and documentation for complex accounting matters at Change Healthcare. These areas include stock-based compensation, goodwill, intangible assets, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. This role will also support key initiatives related to the Company’s external financialreporting, including preparation of financial statements and disclosures.
- Leads the research and conclusion on complex/judgmental accounting topics
- Coordinates drafting and review of accounting whitepapers
- Supports key financialreporting initiatives
- Serves as a subject matter resource for internal stakeholders within and outside of the Finance organization
- Functions as a key interface with external auditors pertaining to the annual audit, quarterly reviews and resolution of significant accounting issues
- Actively works with third party consultants for assistance in various accounting areas (e.g., valuation specialist)
- Supports the review of complex agreements with customers
- Completes other projects and assignments as directed by manager.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related Business discipline
- Master’s degreepreferred
- Six (6) or more years accounting experience with at least three (3) years in accounting management/leadership roles
- Advanced knowledge of accounting standards combined with the ability to interpret and apply changes to current accounting standards
- Software/technology/healthcare industry experiencepreferred
- Large and/or public company experiencepreferred with demonstrated focus on operational excellence and a successful track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment that is results oriented and collaborative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to promote ideas persuasively and work through conflicts while building positive working relationships
- Excellent organization and planning skills with ability to work well under pressure and in an environment of change
- Willingness to engage in both tactical hands-on work and strategic work as needed in order to manage and complete priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite