Herbalife is a globalnutrition company that has helped people pursue a healthy, active life since1980. Our nutrition, weight-management and personal care products are availableexclusively through dedicated independent Members in more than 90 countries.Our Mission is to change people’s lives by providing the best businessopportunity in direct selling and the best nutrition and weight-managementproducts in the world.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
This role leads the global category management activities listed below. The Senior Manager's goal is to continuously improve through innovative procurement solutions; the value; quality and service received by Herbalife within the assigned spend areas through effective sourcing, supplier relationship management; manage direct reports, risk management and internal improvement /demand management practices. The Sr. Sourcing Manager will initiate reviews, internal and external analysis, strategy setting, and strategy implementation planning and strategy management.
- Assess the supply market opportunities, understand supply market dynamics. Plan and execute market events (bidding, price negotiation, etc.) to achieve strategic goals in Technology sourcing.
- Negotiate cost reduction with suppliers to meet Herbalife projected cost target.
- Perform spend analysis based on a variety of relevant information, prepare financial models, identifies opportunities for efficiency gains and cost savings, and present business case and recommendations to internal business partners.
- Interact with business partners to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships for creating the greatest value in cost, security of supply, risk management, sustainability and innovation.
- Identify the opportunities to reduce cost, improve customer service and processes.
- Identify the potential risks with suppliers and recommend solutions to senior management.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers with favorable terms to Herbalife and meet SOX audit requirements.
- Understand contract terms and conditions and work with legal and quality team to resolve potential conflicts on contracts.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide guidance to the people from various departments to achieve positive outcomes of the projects.
- Monitor the industry and bring good practices to the company to improve overall performance of the company and department.
- Develop comprehensive procurement strategies and programs in conjunction with engineering, maintenance and operations divisional initiatives that synergize category opportunities to improve quality, productivity yields, service, and embrace sustainability.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrable track record of performance in managing complex, cross-functional activities
- Be able to act decisively and can make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solution
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to develop complex, multi-year strategic business plans for innovation in regional commodities
- Negotiating: can effectively negotiate in tough situations with internal and external stakeholders; can settle differences with minimal noise and drive for a solution that benefits all parties.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and handling multiple projects concurrently
- Team player with ability to work with associates from other regions
- Cross-functional teams with Accounts Payable, Sourcing, GTS, Cybersecurity, Business Units and suppliers
- Established Project Management skills
- 8+ years of leadership experience within the procurement and/or supply chain field.
- Must have strong understanding of contract development with global experience
- Demonstrated record of exceeding goals in cost savings and supplier performance
- Demonstrated record of developing relationships with suppliers that has led to improved quality and overall cost reduction
- Analytical: ability to analyze information to draw conclusions and find actionable solutions.
- Highly Collaborative: works well with others, including internal and external stakeholders to deliver results and keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises.
- Requires advanced skills in the optimal utilization of Oracle i-Procurement and the ability to train and support key user is use of the system
- Advanced, specialized knowledge of material requirements planning methods, principles, industry practices, and policies. Knowledge of complex legal and regulatory requirements related to assigned procurement regulations. Knowledge of engineering technical drawings and blue-prints.
- 10 years business experience directly related in procurement and/or supply chain
- 5 + supply chain operational experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt