Responsible for coordination with global colleagues to prepare the consolidated income tax provision and quarterly tax forecasts for ASC 740, and the related SEC financial statement disclosures for a multinational company. Responsible for coordination, monitoring, and execution of international tax matters, including transfer pricing. Assist with preparation of federal and state tax returns. Assist on various ad-hoc matters including researching and preparing initial drafts of technical tax and tax accounting memos.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the quarterly and annual income tax provision computations and related analysis of taxliability accounts as well as SEC reporting requirements and SOX compliance. Includes working in partnership with US and foreign accounting teams to ensure accurate reporting and accounting for income taxes.
- Assist in the review and/or preparation of the federal and state tax returns. Tabulate, analyze and verify E&P. Monitor and track subpart F income. Review computations of quarterly tax estimates. Strong understanding and experience with the calculation of the foreign tax credit, and earnings and profits for foreign subsidiaries, R&D credit, and US manufacturing deduction.
- Coordinate the global transfer pricing studies and documentation requirements – providing supporting documents and data. Coordinate to ensure fiscal profitability is in line with transfer pricing studies and recommend appropriate actions. Coordinate with Treasury on cash repatriation flows. Identify, track and charge royalties, management fees, and service charges, where needed.
- Assistance with international tax strategy, planning and execution. May assist with mergers and acquisitions, including tax due diligence, structuring, integration planning and implementation, and purchase accounting.
- Coordination of International, U.S. Federal, State and Local taxaudits including research and documentation of audit issues, preparation of audit assessment appeals, etc. Assistance with preparation and filing of sales and use tax returns and coordination with state audits and inquiries.
- Assistance with other tax matters and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, either public or private industry with a U.S. based multinational.
- Expertise in applying the principles of ASC 740, (FAS 109/FIN 48) and SOX 404.
- Organized, detail-oriented with the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- High level of skill with Excel-based tax modeling.
- Tax Management: Technical tax and financialreporting expertise, Proficiency in technologies for finance and tax, Industry experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- CPA certification.
- Master’s degree in Taxation.
- Big Four experience.