The successful candidate will be able to clearly articulate his/her findings to executives through written and verbal communication. Ideal Candidate will develop a deep understanding of global business operations, financial results, and intercompany relationships and will work closely with the Finance, Accounting and financial systems and technology teams on the implementation of automated and scalable VAT processes and systems solutions for Expedia Group's ecommerce travel platform.
What You'll Do:
- Partnering and providing VAT advice and operational implications to Expedia lodging supply executive business leaders, and working cross functionally with finance, treasury, legal teams, and external advisers on significant business and VAT impacts that are relevant to important to Expedia's Global Lodging Partner Supply Business.
- Interpret and advise important digital economy VAT legislative and policy proposals. Assist the public policy and business teams in defining and implementing appropriate strategies and solutions in response to new digital economy VAT rules.
- Assist in implementation of automated and scalable VAT processes and systems to both support Expedia's rapid international growth economy around the world and to allow the business to react quickly to new and evolving digital economy VAT legislation and policy proposal.
- Research and document Expedia's VAT technical positions relating to Expedia's global lodging supply operations and identify and implement required process and VAT controllership changes and improvements.
- Review intercompany and third-party contracts and make recommendations on tax clauses to agreements
- Coordinate with International Direct Tax and Transfer Pricing teams with respect to the VAT implications of potential acquisitions, investments and business expansions and restructurings.
- Research and document other international indirect taxes impacting Expedia's global lodging portfolio such as local lodging and tourism taxes, stamp taxes and transfer taxes.
- Manage and consult with external tax advisors with respect to the potential impact of changes to Expedia's business operations and the impact of new tax legislation, tax court decisions and administrative rulings and identify impacts to Expedia's existing VAT processes and systems arising from these changes.
Who You Are:
- A passion for travel and ecommerce technology platforms.
- 10+ years of experience including public accounting or law firm experience. Industry experience in the technology or travel sector is preferred.
- APAC Indirect Tax experience preferred.
- Experience with implementing automated VAT business processes and controls would be very desirable.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and quickly adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex VAT technical issues into simple concepts that business partners can understand and help operationalize.
- A proven track record of collaborating and delivering results working as part of a cross functional team both in the local office and with the global organization.