The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting & Reporting position is a key role within DentalCo that is responsible for overseeing the Company's global tax accounting and reporting. This role will require a broad knowledge and experience base, with focus on U.S. GAAP income tax accounting and reporting for multi-national corporations. Strong communication skills and an engaged leadership style are critical for success in this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and advise management on newly enacted tax legislation regarding its impact on the Company's financials and tax reporting requirements.
- Manage the global income tax accounting, reporting and forecasting processes, including the calculation and review of the quarterly and annual income tax provision and analysis and evaluation of tax positions under ASC 740, FIN 48, and other relevant regulatory and governmental provisions. Liaise with the Tax Planning, Accounting, Financial Planning, M&A, Treasury and operating companies as well as external auditors.
- Manage compliance efforts for SOX 404 for all tax function controls and documentation requirements.
- Support global tax planning initiatives, including analysis, development and implementation.
- Special projects, as assigned.
- Manage and mentor a team of 2 tax professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required; Master's degree and CPA preferred.
- 8+ years corporate tax experience within the tax function of a multinational publicly-traded corporation and Big 4 public accounting firm, with extensive background in U.S. GAAP tax accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting and consolidations systems (e.g., Oracle, HFM) and tax compliance and reporting software (e.g. CorpTax).
- Strong background in tax accounting matters related to international operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to interact well with people of various backgrounds and levels.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines for tax compliance and U.S. GAAP reporting needs.
- Strong customer and business focus in managing day-to-day operations.
- Innovative thinker and agile learner who can readily apply past experiences to new situations to generate solutions.
- Ability to build a high performing team of tax professionals and manage them effectively.
- Collaborative, team-player.
- A positive, energetic and happy attitude.