$80K — $100K *
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Sr. Manager Systems Design Silicon System Integration Validation Engineering
Validation leadership role inside AMD’s fast-growing GPU Datacenter and Accelerated Processing post-silicon validation team. You will lead a group of 10-15 engineers responsible for System Integration, Regression and Stack Release Management. Work scope includes planning, developing, and executing test plans to validate our Graphics ASICs targeted for HPC and Machine Learning space. You will lead one of multiple test groups within the Graphics validation team that is largely located in Markham, Canada along with a growing team in Austin, Tx.
The ideal candidate will help us enhance our test methodologies and grow our Enterprise test capability. This will involve driving new processes, test case methodologies and working closely with automation team.
You will get the opportunity to interact with SW/HW architects, designers, and test teeams along with key business teams. It is a fast paced environment with challenges but opportunities to shine. The team is working on products that are used by some of the biggest Cloud Computing companies in the world and will also support future Super Computers (Frontier and El Capitan) that have been announced in partnership with HPE and US Government.
The ideal candidate has experience leading System Integration testing and is technically inquisitive. You may have worked for a major OEM or ODM testing servers or complex systems that include graphics accelerators. Someone who has experience building strong validation teams and initiative to lead change. You also like to jump in and solve problems and enjoy collaborating with others. You thrive in ambiguous conditions and able to provide thought leadership in guiding teams through challenging situations.
• Lead System Integration and Regression testing teams for Grahics DataCenter and Accelerated Computing (~10-15 engineers)
• Collaborate with other technical and functional leaders to drive test planning, test content creation, and execution
• Assist in leading test methodology changes required to verify our products for our growing Enterprise customers
• Be a leader in driving issues and challenges as part of team mission
• System Integration / Platform validation experience
• Experience leading teams to develop tools, debug complex issues and automation
• Post silicon SOC verification experience a plus
• Proven leadership experience leading test teams
• Strong communication skills, including at the executive level
• Demonstrated skill in driving organizational change
• Following areas are bonus
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Valid through: 3/15/2021