CashStar (owned by Blackhawk Network) is changing the world of gifting by making it possible
to send a personalized eGift Card from any device, anywhere, anytime, with the best experience
possible. More than 400 brands partner with us including Uber, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Apple,
Delta, Best Buy, and The Home Depot. That makes CashStar the preferreddigital gifting and
incentives partner for retailers nationwide
The professionals we hire thrive on an entrepreneurial spirit and an earnest desire to change the way the world works. CashStar employees are passionate about emerging tech, and we bring that passion to work every day. We embrace change, foster ambition and individual success, and recognize excellence. We believe in our products, and we L.O.V.E. our culture.
Why work with us?
- We’re a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
- We believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change
- We’re committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
- We value teamwork, learning from failure, and innovation
Why we’d want to work with you:
- You are passionate about creating world-class software
- You have experience working as part of agile teams and are familiar with Scrum and Kanban
- You think positively, focus on solutions, and find opportunities instead of problems
- You have superb technical skills, but you’re always striving to improve
- You are willing to work quickly, get in the weeds, and not rest until the job is done
As the Senior Manager of Systems Operations, you will be responsible for leading a team of Systems Administrators and DBAs tasked with the deployment, improvement, and day-to-day site operations of the CashStar SaaS platform. You will be responsible for all aspects of our multiple AWS-hosted operational environments.
These operational duties include:
- Scheduling, communicating, and managing the change control process
- Identifying and addressing resource constraints
- Coordinating the response to issues, alerts, and outages
- Ensuring compliance with SLAs, including uptime and performance
In addition to day-to-day operations, this role will also influence both short and long term strategy and direction. These duties include:
- Based on company direction, you will develop tactical and strategic goals for your team and the company, and be able to present your ideas to a wide audience.
- You will contribute to the development of Service Level Agreements, incorporating input from other functional leaders.
- You will provide technical guidance to other teams, both inside and outside of CashStar.
Our Technology Stack
AWS, Ubuntu, CentOS, SaltStack, Nginx, Python/Java, MySQL, memcached, RabbitMQ, Git/Mercurial, PagerDuty, and many cloud service providers
We require excellent communication skills, a commitment to operational excellence, and a “roll the sleeves up” style of leadership. Previous experience building and managing the operational infrastructure for a high volume, high availability SaaS platform is required. You must have a proven track record of leading successful IT teams.
- 3+ years managing production operations teams including incident management
- 5+ years of production-level Linux System Administration experience
- Familiarity with AWS and its offerings (or equivalent cloud provider)
- Experience with scripting and debugging in languages such as python, ruby, perl, bash
- Must be available to work the occasional weekend and handle 24/7 and be a part of our incident managementon-call rotation
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical internal and external customers
- Experience with agile environments, continuous integration/delivery, and system automation tools
- Experience with configuration management tools (saltstack/puppet/chef or the like)
- Experience in a SaaS or other high-volume, high-availability environment
- Experience operating under a PCI regime, or similar set of regulations and requirements
- Broad and in depth knowledge of internet protocols and complex networking topologies
- Comfort with SQL in some sort of relational database (MySQL preferred)
- Enjoys playing with the latest devops tools and technologies
- Experience with vendor management
- Must be focused, energetic and reliable and have unimpeachable integrity
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- Additional relevant training courses (from colleges, universities, conferences or corporate) are a plus
CashStar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Both the job title and compensation package are commensurate with experience.