Description: Job Description:
Join L3Harris a technology driven organization that delivers superior performance to the U.S. Government, our allies, and leading corporations throughout the world. As a Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering, you will be involved with interdepartmental engineering projects, involving cabled ocean acoustic data acquisition systems, while working closely with the engineering design group. This position provides the top level technical support for projects from forward-looking planning, through proposal preparation, customer interactions, and project technical direction. The candidate will lead a team of 10 systems engineers, scientists, and fellows; drives SE best practices such as robust architecture reviews, understanding mission needs & influencing customer requirements, early specification development, performance analysis & allocation to subsystems, coaching hardware and sub-systems engineers. This position provides leadership across multiple prime USG contracts; driving integration of work across sites and divisions; chairing engineering technical reviews; risk management; ensuring successful supplier management thru effective SOWs and Specifications; training & development of a future systems workforce.Essential Functions:
- Perform operational analysis and develop concept of operations, design and implementation plans.
- Analyze systems requirements from end systems and users.
- Supports development and evaluation of complex system designs and architectures.
- Support the design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on airborne and ground-based ISR platforms.
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development.
- Work with management to develop and adhere to schedules and budgets required to accomplish assigned work.
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate design activity plans and status to internal and external customers.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. Electrical, Computer, Software, or Mechanical), and a minimum of twelve (12) years of prior related experience or at a Master's degree and ten (10) years of prior related experience.
- Experience with system engineering standards such as EIA 632 or ISO/IEC 15288 or equivalent.
- Experience with high-level technical project cost estimation in support of ongoing and emergent programs.
- Experience with analysis tools (Autodesk, ANSYS).
- DOORS experience.
- Experience leading large and diverse teams of highly skilled individual contributors.
- Preferred experience with defense programs, government contracting, technical development & management in classified environments, and earned value management.
- 10% travel may be required for several days, occasionally on short notice via auto/air/rail.
- Support for at-sea testing aboard ship may be required from time to time, including overnight.
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Requires technical knowledge in design of real time electro-mechanical-optical data acquisition systems.
- Ability to allocate customer requirements to hardware and software components.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of embedded software systems.
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications (Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria).
- Ability to write a concise report of findings.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).