A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your CallingAt Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
The Sr. Manager of Supply Chain provides strategic leadership, superior customer service, project leadership and operational support in inventory management, product replenishment, forecasting, budgeting, and continuous improvement. Position plays a key role in a customer driven supply chain organization charged with identifying, implementing and enhancing successful methods of delivering superior service and the lowest cost. This position will serve our Raypak division in Oxnard, CA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensures consistent application of industry-leading, continuously improved business practices.
- Acts as an internal consultant on all supply chain related issues. Design and implement improvements to Supply Chain to support business growth and improvement strategies.
- Improves responsiveness to customers and reduce operating expenses and working capital.
- Develops inventory management strategies and programs to ensure maximum inventory turns, best price, high quality and consistent support to manufacturing.
- Works with manufacturing to rationalize outsourcing and in-sourcing activities.
- Identifies key suppliers and partners with these suppliers to develop long term mutually beneficial relationships that ensure long term success for both parties.
- Supports group global sourcing strategies for a range of commodities and ensures these are migrated into the existing business unit supply chain with minimum interruption and maximum cost reduction.
- Ensuree suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective including lead time reduction, flexibility to schedules, quality improvement, inventory reduction (entire supply chain) and cost reduction.
- Management of the business unit logistics function including developing and maintaining inventory controls.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or related field.
- More than 10 years of increasing logistics, supply chain and distribution experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and ERP/MRP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others is a matrix team environment.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain best practices in demand planning, supply planning, production scheduling, inventory management, network optimization, and ERP systems.
- Project management skill and cross functional team leadership skills.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification or experience.
- Experience in an HVAC manufacturing environment preferred.