This position is responsible for developing the supply chain strategy, including the strategy for procurement, materials planning, production scheduling, and the material storage and distribution.
This role is accountable for supply chain effectiveness, and is responsible for the performance of the Supply Chain function as they provide support to clinical and commercial manufacturing at Stratatech – A Mallinckrodt Company. Will provide oversight for his/her direct reports as they procure, control inventory, ship/receive and sustain ERP master data. Ensure that the team goals and objectives are achieved as they pertain to Safety, Quality, Cost Standards, and Operational Excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proven mastery of Supply Chain’s individual contributor duties, or equivalent external experience. These include: Procurement, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, ERP master data management, Shipping/Receiving, and Master Schedule ownership.
- Provides leadership on topics related to procurement, including the management of supplier relationships and supplier strategy, inventory levels and flow of raw materials and finished goods), shipping, receiving and control of master data in collaboration with other cross-functional areas.
- Manage and optimize the daily activities of the warehouse, other storage facilities, and the overall product distributionnetwork. Ensures adequate inventory control processes that support safety stock of materials and finished goods that drive operations excellence and best practices.
- Lead the implementation of software tools to improve the supply chain management.
- Ensures SC works collaboratively with Science & Technology, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing functions at site, and ensures alignment with corporate Procurement and Supply Chain functions.
- Ensure full compliance to OSHA and cGMP regulations that support manufacturing.
- Organize, manage and improve biomanufacturing operations in support of all products and processes according to cGMPs in a right first time and timely manner.
- Build, maintain and motivate team to ensure achievement of all productivity targets and output requirements.
- Establish priorities and assure adequate resources to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the yearly and long range production planning schedule and ensure alignment of the site with the corporate S&OP process.
- Communicate business performance against established and newly developed key indicators and associated metrics for forecast accuracy, production plans, customer service and inventory management performance.
Essential Job Requirements:
- B.S./B.A in business, science, engineering or related technical field with a minimum 10 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceuticals. APICS certification also preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills for diverse audience.
- Knowledge of cGMP practices, regulatory expectations, and process controls. Proven ability to meticulously adhere to written procedures. Proven experience with ERP systems, specifically SAP is highly preferred.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to manage competing demands in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Excellent time management skills and ability to provide day to day coaching and supervision to the local Supply Chain Team.
- Experience with establishing and using an S&OP process to forecast demand and ensure reliable supply.
- Familiar with coordination of activities with internal nodes, and external 3PL organizations.
- Experience with Government sponsored projects or contracts is desirable.