The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employeesand customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position leads a large team of senior supplier development engineers and/or team leaders to develop and monitor supplier performance by establishing objectives and guidelines. Monitors critical business wide metrics and engages the senior management of key suppliers to initiate appropriate improvement programs to sustain high performance. Coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase the effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
- Leads a large team of senior supplier development engineers and/or team leaders to execute activities that results in the “gold” performance for suppliers in the region.
- Develops skill within and outside the team with supplier development improvement tools including ACE tools, UPPAP, capacity assessments, production planning/control and recovery tools, and delivery/quality risk assessment tools to enhance the capabilities of the team(s).
- Guides the team(s) in the execution of the Supplier Gold program, including the Supplier Development Playbook to address critical mid-term sustained improvement.
- Engages senior management of key suppliers to initiate appropriate improvement programs to achieve and sustain highlevels of performance.
- Develops and implements new processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems.
- Monitors critical business wide metrics and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives in a timely manner
- Plans, organizes, directs and reports all activities and matters relating to supplier performance.
- Evaluates supplier performance, management, capacity and production readiness.
- Assesses supplier qualifications including training and certifications.
- Elaborates supplier development plans and works in collaboration with the supplier to ensure best performance is achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of materials, supply chain, and supplier development experience
- Procurement and inventory management experience
- Cost savings and results experience
- Distribution planning and logistics experience
- Supplier management experience
- Experience working with SAP
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma
- Experience working in the Aerospace industry
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Job ID 01286401