Los Angeles, CA
8 - 10 years
Posted 297 days ago
Sr. Manager, STS Research & Development (R&D)
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
A Research & Development (R&D) Senior Manager in BDO’s Specialized Tax Services (STS) business is charged with helping clients identify, document, and support tax positions related to their R&D tax credits and deductions. The R&D Senior Manager is a critical member of the STS R&D leadership team and actively participates in the marketing and business development of the R&D practice. In addition, the STS R&D Senior Manager develops and drives process improvement and team-building initiatives, maintains client relationships, and acts as a source of guidance to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in accounting, tax, or finance preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of prior experience required
- Six (6) or more years’ experience in R&D tax consulting required
- Prior experience supervising tax consulting professionals required
- Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax provisions preferred
- Prior experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships preferred
- CPA, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Experience with tax related software and research databases such as Caseware, GoSystems, and other comparable programs