Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Sr Manger, Strategic Pricing vets vision for fare strategies based on enterprise, commercial and department objectives as well as the competitive environment. Leads team of Strategic Pricing Analysts performing market-based revenue maximization strategies. Partners with Technical Pricing and Marketing teams to tailor sale/promotional activities to market needs.
- Oversee the resources, functions and operations of the Strategic Pricing team.
- Translate enterprise, commercial and department goals into actionable items.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of revenue forecast and tracking toward it, proactively adjusting fare strategy to ensure alignment.
- Lead strategic pricing team in developing metrics to track effectiveness, identify opportunities, and display continuous improvement
- Employ principles of game theory to choose fare actions that will be most beneficial to Frontier in the context of expected competitor response.
- Drive sale/promotional strategy based on market needs and brand imperatives.
- Partner with Yield Management to execute region/market-specific revenue strategies.
- Engage in conversation with Ancillary team to assist them in forecasting and quantifying impact of fare strategy decisions.
- Select appropriate distribution method(s) for various fare products (e.g., travel club, GDS/OTA, package net fares, etc.).
- Communicate significant competitor actions and F9’s response to leadership.
- Communicate proactive F9 fare actions to leadership.
- Assist team with market analysis and exception management and help develop remediation strategies.
- Own training of Strategic Pricing Analyst new hires as well as ongoing team skill development.
- Collaborate with Pricing Director to set team and individual team member goals
- Build relationship with Technical Pricing Sr Manager to harvest efficiencies between both pricing teams
- Provide career-pathing to Strategic Pricing Analysts.
- Ensure optimal use of pricing tools/automation to drive efficiency.
- Seek out ways in which Pricing team can increase collaboration with commercial team peers.
- Serve as change leader; embrace new ways of doing things and set example for team.
- Explore how new technologies can drive improvements to revenue, efficiency, and fare filing accuracy.
- Assist Director with budgeting efforts as needed.
- Participate in project planning, process updates; contribute to strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred
- Advanced Degree in Business, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in airline pricing and/or yield management or 2 years of experience in airline pricing and/or yield management with additional 5+ years in an analogous function within another industry
- 3+ years of experience in position(s) of leadership
- Proficiency with ATPCO fare filing functionality required
- Experience with major GDSs required
- Experience with Navitaire, SkyFare/SkySpeed preferred
- Experience with fares management software such as Sabre AVFM “airprice” preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical ability in prior role(s)
- Advanced knowledge of pricing and inventory management theory and practices
- Awareness of current industry pricing environment, competitive landscape and recent trends
- Ability to lead a diverse team in common pursuits
- Refined interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with data analysis tools (e.g. SQL, programming languages, or visualization software) strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial attitude, willingness to take ownership and drive for results
- Comfort working under general direction in an environment where there is not always a clear correct course of action
- Skill in distilling relevant facts from large data sets
- Ability to identify root causes and synthesize responses
- Capacity to multitask and prioritize among several responsibilities
- Active listening skills with a willingness to teach and provide constructive feedback
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Capability of handling confidential material with discretion
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
Analyst I/II/Sr, Strategic Pricing
Salary Range: $108,000 - $136,000