As a Senior Manager, Strategic Marketing you will initiate, develop and implement marketing and position strategies and tactics for growing our product testing offering for our global Crop Protection & Chemical client segment (CP&C), which includes nonclinical testing, regulatory consulting and integrated solutions. Initially, the Senior Manager will set the go-to-market strategy for successfully positioning us to enter new regions to drive organic growth for the CP&C business. In addition, you will monitor and assess possible new innovations and/or new product testing segments for future growth opportunity.
As a Senior Manager, you will help define business priorities and coordinate overall marketing activities with the Senior Director of Marketing for Early Development that include, but are not limited to:
- Gather/maintain market segment information on customer needs / perceptions and key competitors, and use this information to identify marketing strategies to differentiate our offer, as well as to provide the commercial team with key areas of focus in their selling efforts for targeted growth.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand, define and recommend strategic initiatives and lead insight and gap assessments. Establish segment’s annual strategic pillars and programs to obtain growth objectives, as well as articulate key scientific focus areas for growth.
- Innovate with our customer marketing approached by assessing and defining marketing channel strategy for key and emerging marketing channels including the use of ABM, social media/web, email, events, direct sales, etc. Identifying best practices and trends within and outside of the CRO industry to improve customer engagement, targeting and impact on growth.
- Work with multiple service areas to effectively position key differentiation attributes, value proposition and segmentated messaging. The successful candidate will be proactive and collaborative, possess sound business judgment and excellent people skills, and have the capacity to manage multiple programs and initiatives with aggressive deadlines.
- Collaborate on setting the goals/objectives, scope, core messages and evaluation of targeted marketing campaigns and materials that drive awareness of and preference for Covance, in conjunction with Demand Marketing, Sales leadership and internal scientific subject matter experts.
- Work with Marketing colleagues to track performance of strategies through measurement and analysis of market penetration, opportunity creation and funnel management. Make recommendations on improvements and best practices for future programs.
- Collaborate with the sales team on key focused customer initiatives / presentations that align with science, brand and segment strategies that enhance relationships with our customers and drive the value proposition.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues to influence and select key conferences and meetings that strategically align to drive business strategy and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Science, or Business preferred
- Master's degree a strong plus
- Minimum of a BA/BS
- preferably in marketing or business and/or related field
- MBA degree a strong plus
- Working knowledge of the CRO and/or product development in the chemical and crop protection industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team orientation – helps others be successful
- Strong analytical, time management and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-motivator – willing to influence events to achieve goals
- Skilled in using PC based computer hardware and software including Microsoft WORD, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Willingness to travel globally - ~20% travel
- 10+ years marketing within marketing and sales environment
- Experience with social media, web, digital and omni-channel marketing
- Experience with customer marketing program planning, development, and implementation.