McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Reporting to Sr. Director of Member Experience and Central Operations, the Senior Manager of Store Development & Design is responsible for the overseeing new and existing projects in the queue. Ensuring Project Managers are aware of scope of work, communications, and assist in the budget deliverables, administration and execution of store development projects. This includes working closely with existing PM’s and supervising the work of specialists and vendors to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way, while maintaining brand standards and integrity. Depending on number of projects this role may also be responsible for their own projects in queue while still being the lead in day to day operations with the Project Management team. This role involves collaboration with the Operations and Business Development team on a regular and consistent basis.
Responsible for delivery of the store design look and feel to PM’s. Ensures standards are met in all areas (signage, colors, fixtures, etc.)
Supervise and provide daily direction to Project Managers to ensure project development is on track and meeting required deadlines and financial objectives.
Oversee the development process to ensure and support project direction and decision.
Responsible for maintaining an understanding of changes in the retail environment that may impact store concepts and recommend strategies for improvement or to address these impacts.
- Supervise the work of project managers in the planning and process development of projects.
- Collaborate with various development and internal departments to ensure a harmonious flow in the development and/or improvement process.
- Manage the timelines and budgets with set parameters to ensure quality standards throughout the project from start to completion.
- Reviews CAD drawings to ensure layout are following relevant planograms and store operational processes
- Track, manage and resolve project issues and risks.
- Forecast and manage project budgets and related financials to ensure acceptance of those budgets by project stakeholders and achieve all needed sign-offs.
- Prioritize and drive production activities to ensure that each product group or area meets all key goal and objectives with respect to quality and on-time delivery.
- Manage various project initiatives including Greenfield stores, renovations, relocations, acquisitions and store closings.
- Provide leadership to all staff within the department, ensuring that all objectives are understood; resources are utilized efficiently; and staff motivation remains high, while complying with all Company policies and programs
- Coach staff to maximize the effectiveness of the team; and take appropriate action in recognition of outcomes, both favorable and unfavorable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision and Communications
Supervision – Project Coordinator
Indirect supervision of all Project Managers, dealing with the day to day operations, providing scope of work, overseeing and assisting PM’s with any needs, challenges.
Internal communication of SDD processes, RBA bi-weekly meetings, National meetings and any ad-hoc internal communications that are required.
External Communication with members and vendors on a regular basis based on projects.
- 10+ years of Retail Management experience
- B.A. University degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet financial targets and goals
- Store-oriented, demonstrating a business savvy and familiarity with best retailing concepts.
- Strong Project Management & Financial/business acumen.
- Ability to build credibility and long-term business relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build consensus across an organization and various stakeholders
- Strong team builder with experience in succession planning and developing high performance teams.
- 7-10 years’ experience in Project management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal.
- Result oriented; strong resource management skills.
- Ability to travel