The Senior Manager Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance oversees internal control over financialreporting for the Company. The SOX Compliance team is responsible for oversight and reporting on the internal control design. He/she will be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of clear, detailed and accurate SOX documentation, including narratives/process diagrams, control descriptions, risk control matrices and partners with stakeholders in planning the SOX compliance testing program. He/she develops working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management. This role reports to the VP, Global Internal Audit.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on internal controls during process, system or policy changes.
- Mentor and develop SOX Compliance team.·Mentor and educate internal customers, companywide, in regards to internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Partner with the business process owners during design, modification, or streamlining of process and controls.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of internal controls analysis to comply with SOX requirements and/or internal policy.
- Develop and produce reports on SOX related project status, trends, and remediation of deficiencies.
- Recommend improvements to process, controls and/or test programs to improve process efficiency/effectiveness and/or control environment.
- Partner with and/or be the liaison between business process owners as well as Internal and External Audit during resolution of control findings.
- Partner with IT SOX team to ensure appropriate IT controls design.·Participate in special projects, as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- CIA or CPA with a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, a mix of private industry and public accounting or internal auditpreferred.
- Experience in designing, monitoring, or evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance programs for a multinational organization.
- Strong planning, project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience with large ERP (for example, SAP) systems strongly preferred.
- Experience in medical device companies and/or in a large multi-national organization strongly preferred.