This position is responsible for sourcing new production resources and managing productivity improvement initiatives at contract manufacturing partners for PetSmart's proprietary consumable brands. Ensure effective use of resources and communication of priorities by coordinating efforts between internal Brand Management, Product Development, Product Integrity, and Product Supply departments, including the run the business handoff to the Production Management team. Consolidate or expand supplier base as necessary to maximize innovation quality, cost, on-timedelivery and efficiency. Lead the RFQ and new item set up processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Define and implement the co-manufacturing sourcing strategy for PetSmart's consumables proprietary brands.
- Support growth through identification and implementation of strategic partnerships with identified suppliers.
- Collaborate with internal Product Development, Product Integrity, and Production Management teams to qualify suppliers and assess capability and capacity.
- Conduct market studies to identify new suppliers and develop a robust supplier base
- Establish and manage RFQ (request for quotation) process to select suppliers.
- Analyze the RFQ proposals and recommend scenarios to key internal stake holders.
- Negotiate quality, time and cost of service and other contact terms and conditions with the suppliers.
- Lead contract activities with supplier and Legal teams.
- Maintains product commercialization production timeline to gain go-no go decisions on projects from project sponsors (new launches/refreshes).
- Responsible for operations and supply chain execution of our external manufacturing sites including measuring performance tracking KPIs and holding regular reviews with our key internal partners including Procurement, Financial Planning, Product Development, and Brand Management to ensure consistent performance.
- Drive continuous improvement in process or production efficiency, supply chain optimization, deliver cost reduction, and manage the co-manufacturing/co-packing discipline in compliance with internal controls and best practices.
- Analyze manufacturing best practices within facilities and look to implement these practices into the key strategic contract manufacturers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BS degree in Engineering, Technology, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Operations. Master's a plus. Significant and diverse management experience (5-7 years of plant operations, engineering, supply chain, planning, distribution, and/or procurement experience preferred).
Position requires some travel (30-40%)