Job Role and Responsibilities:
Essential to our customer's success is the role of the Solution Engineering (SE) leader. As aSeniorSE Managerfocused on the Healthcare Payer market, you will ensure proper development of the SEs across VMware technologies, domain expertise, and salesmanship. You will lead with credibility, ensuring that you are also fully developed across these categories. You will be highly engaged with customers yourself, helping to articulate VMware's strategy at a higher level than your direct reports. You will support the company's strategy, encouraging your team to execute the mission as it pertains to their function. And finally, you will craft a strong franchise with the Region Director(s) you map to, running the business as though you are an executive of a small company.
At VMware, we have the right strategy at the right time. We're a highly profitable company; increasingly rare among our peers. We benefit from insightful leadership that will carry us well into the future. We consistently place in Forbes' Best 100 Companies to Work For. We have a strong culture of diversity and inclusion, and we'd love for you to be at VMware too.
- Work tightly with assigned Region Director(s) to identify "line-of-sight" to the annual plan. The region plan should incorporate all dimensions of the business, including how to overachieve the target, customer whitespace to pursue, how partners and ecosystem are leveraged, marketing, networking through industry associations, etc.
- Stay up to date on current events and be a student of the industry and culture.
- Assist in delivering compelling executive briefings.
- Articulate the ways VMware solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when comparedin the industry
- Train and mentor sales peers.
- Lead the professional and technical development of your team members, maximizing team productivity and career development by understanding your team's skill levels, working styles, motivations, and professional goals, and serving as a coach and mentor.
- Assist in technically closing complex opportunities by providing critical oversight of those directly engaged.
- Celebrate key wins.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge in assigned technology on an ongoing basis. Never languish in personal development.
- Map identified customer business requirements to probable VMware solutions. Recommend 3rd party integrations as needed.
- 10+ years of successful sales engineering experience in IT domains. Examples include systems virtualization, SDDC, cloud, network security, mobile management, DevOps, SAN, etc.
- Presentation-ready knowledge of several VMwaresolutions
- Willingness to drive SE development and mentorship
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong business insight and motivated to develop partnership
- Strong networker
- Ability to relate to a variety of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Broad product and solution knowledge of market trends in the industry
- Strong experience in Healthcare domain, preferably with Healthcare Payers
- Certifications such as TOGAF, ITIL, Agile CSM or CSPO strongly preferred
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent