Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
As a Manager of Software Engineering at Highspot, you will inspire, lead, and grow a team of creative and talented core engineers within a major product area. You’ll bring your technical expertise and proven people management skills to bear on strategic decisions about our technical ecosystem, team operations, team norms, and engineering culture. You’ll also be a key decision-maker within your product area.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of engineers, through whom you’ll execute on the strategic direction of your product area, inspiring and motivating your team to do their best work
- Effectively collaborate with key partners in your product area, including Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs
- Uphold and build upon Highspot’s culture, ensuring that Engineering is a welcoming, inclusive place, and that we not only meet our DE&I goals but lead Seattle’s tech industry with our commitment to diversity
- Bring your technical expertise to bear as you work closely with the Architects team to manage the evolution of Highspot’s software; ensure that our architecture and stack are optimized to keep pace with the demands of hyper-growth; position your product area (and support adjacent product areas) for continued high-availability and reliability across multiple worldwide data centers
- Consistently deliver a product that maximizes product quality, security, and reliability, including partnering with the DevOps team to build and maintain highly-observable systems with excellent metrics and actionable alerts
- Create a collaborative environment where all levels of engineers can contribute in meaningful ways
- Partner with the Services team to understand what drives customer joy in your product area and ensure your team works to address customer concerns in a timely manner
- Partner with Product team leadership, the Architects team, and the CISO team to design and implement proactive security postures for customer- and internal-facing systems
- Advocate for the tools, process, and resources the core dev team needs to enable their ongoing success and unlock their ability to innovate
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team
- Ensure architects, stakeholders, and SMEs are appropriately involved in decisions
- Ensure decisions are communicated effectively within and outside of your team
- Enforce accountability through empathetic, relevant, and objective performance targets and timely feedback and coaching
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Extensive experience developing and scaling cloud-native applications and infrastructure
- Proven success in attracting and retaining top engineering talent from diverse backgrounds
- Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Previous experience designing and building software products at scale
- Deep understanding of the SDLC for SaaS applications
- Working knowledge of modern object-oriented and functional programming languages
- Experience building software in a dynamic language such as Ruby or Python
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.