The FICO Fraud banking team is seeking a Senior Manager of software engineering to join our software development team. The selected candidate will manage a team in the Fraud Application development group to deliver software products which powers the analytics revolution.
What You'll Contribute
- Demonstrate leadership managing a team of software engineers within an application development environment.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team within an Agile/Scrum environment to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity.
- Shares clearly articulated status as well as any issues/risks and if needed escalate to stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and lead strategic and tactical meetings discussing work in progress and facilitate goal achievement.
- Implement best technical processes, practices and procedures.
- Ensure team members follow disciplined software development methodology, guidelines and standards.
- Provide input and direction into the product roadmap.
What We're Seeking
- Extensive work experience in a software application development environment.
- Proven experience managing a technical staff.
- Proficiency with Java, Java-script, Spring and Hibernate.
- Accomplished developing software in a Unix/Linux environment. (Must Have)
- Competency with RDBMS & NO-SQL e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Couchbase etc.
- Conversant with automated testing frameworks.
- Domain knowledge in Financial Services or Fraud management is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, cloud-formation, kinesis, lambda, Web Services or JMS is a plus.
Our Offer to You
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
- Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.