When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Working out of our Carlsbad, CA headquarters location the Sr. Manager of Software Development leads a team of highly experienced Product and Software professionals to develop, execute and manage comprehensive service and support software for the entire Life Sciences Group instrument portfolio. This leadership position will serve as a key driver of digital service innovation and enable Thermo Fisher Scientific to define and lead the industry toward the laboratory of the future.
How will you make an impact? You will work closely with R&D, Service Development, Product Management, Internal Training, and Field Organizations to identify opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, and improve all aspects of the support team’s software infrastructure. You will also serve as a key decision maker and Core Team Member of respective PCP Processes for key strategic instrument releases.
What will you do?
- Create a customer focus vison and product development road map
- Utilize SDLC for product development from product launch through support
- Clearly communicate verbal and written technical information with cross functional teams throughout the organization
- Manage a diverse team of software developers in software product development creating and monitoring metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as well as handling critical customer escalations
- Lead and partner with cross functional teams across a matrix environment
- Act as an evangelist for the Remote Diagnostic and repair business amongst internal departments
How will you get here?
- Bachelors or Degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or equivalent experience in software development
- At least 8 years of SDLC experience with product development
- 2+ years of project management.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience managing a software development team of 4 or more
- •Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20% of the time
- Direct, hands on experience with product, software or project management in informatics, Software Development, Biotechnology or a related field
- Production experience in C\\C++, C#, and/or JAVA
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated production experience with client side amazon web services development
- Experience in service and support
- Experience in Biotech