The Sr Manager – Software Development Engineering manages a team of Software Development Engineers. This position participates in the evaluation and prioritization of customer/user requests. Assigns projects, research and work assignments to team members and directs activities, providing functional guidance and completing individual tasks as needed. Ensures projects are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management. Participates in cross-departmental IT initiatives. The Sr Manager has full accountability for the work of all members of the team also represents, strategizes and promotes methodologies and processes across IT and devises improvements to the current processes. This person is also responsible for providing timely feedback to their team members and assisting their leadership with year-end calibration and identification of high performers.
- Manages a functional team in one or more sites. Works to develop employee’s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Consults with business, BAT and other IT management to evaluate user requests and clarify objectives for projects and initiatives.
- Develops annual initiatives and specific deliverables for their team.
- Oversees determination of feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current policies, procedures, and functions
- Completes projects and initiatives as assigned, coordinating their team resources and resources in different departments.
- Provides assistance to IT team members needing their expertise and knowledge. Provides on-the-job training for new of less experienced team members.
- Mentors team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials
- Works with IT Management team to analyze operations and efficiency of the IT group and recommend process improvements.
- Works with departmental leadership to develop and implement strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management.
- Assists the Budget planning and management for their department
- Participates in special projects or task forces as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree and 8+ years’ experience.
- 3+ years of Pega ecosystem experience is required (preferably 5-7 years)
- Must have Pega CSA certification (Certified System Architect)
- Strong Plus if additionally certified as Pega CSSA, or optimally as CLSA
- 3+ years’ experience with Pega Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO) process.
- Able to identify and optimally define process flows and use cases during DCO process
- Understanding of the Pega Smart BPM methodology and the Pega Rules process
- Object Oriented experience is a strong plus
- Focus areas for this role will include the contact centers and overall patient and physician-focused engagement within the Healthcare industry. Experience in these areas is a strong plus
- Other software development experience, including SOFEA/ MULE, J2EE, ReactJS, Spring Boot, Oracle forms, Oracle PL/SQL, Eclipse, iOS, .NET, HTML5, design patterns and software development experience, is a plus.
Job Id: REQ20007959