The Senior Manager of Skeletal Health Technical Support will be pivotal to achieving our goal of delivering great customer experiences which enables customers to maximize Hologic equipment uptime as well as facilitate them meeting their safety and regulatory compliance goals.
Our Technical Support team provides remote support, troubleshooting and issue resolution for Hologic customers (e.g. radiology technologists, clinical specialists, biomedical engineers) and field staff (clinical application specialists) to facilitate the successful use of Hologic products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Act as a primary management escalation resource for customer and internal feedback pertaining to the team.
- Oversee the technical support of company customers by field engineers, technicians, and support specialists, who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing one or more of the following: complex electro/mechanical equipment, sophisticated computer systems, software systems/applications, or networking and wireless networking systems.
- Ensure that all Support work processes are documented and kept current to achieve our customer satisfaction, operational and compliance objectives.
- Ensure that the team follows established support processes and best practices to ensure expedited resolution of all customer requests, SOP compliance and positive customer experiences.
- Implement Knowledge Centric Support (KCS) practices
- Provide regular management updates and reports on team performance to the Service/CX Leadership team.
- Recruit, manage and ensure the ongoing professional development of the Support team members.
- Effectively engage and motivate the Support team to achieve the departmental objectives.
- Collaborate and build strong partnerships with other leaders in the Service/CX organization and other interfacing departments.
- Play a lead role in representing the Technical Support organization in B&SH divisional customer experience, compliance and quality initiatives.
- Establish and maintains lines of communication with design engineering and software development on design, reliability and maintenance issues.
- Implement strategy to ensure full and complete engagement by all of the skeletal health staff members.
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Develop, train, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned, to meet company and department objectives.
- Adhere to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Extensive technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience in technology organizations.
- Proven track record of excellence in using support center best practices to manage a high volume, mission critical technical support center.
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge of customer support work processes and best practices.
- Advocate for operational excellence and passionate about customer service.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Leadership, teamwork, influencing, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills, along with analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively within the team, with senior management and across all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, detail-oriented, deadline-driven and action-oriented
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple priorities with tight time constraints.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing successful remote support teams.
- Strong knowledge of support tools such as CRM, knowledge management and ACD systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of medical imaging technology, DICOM and PACS storage systems is helpful, but not required.
- Experience in assuring adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and medical technology is helpful, but not required.
- BA/BS degree in management, computer science, or a related technical discipline such as electrical, electronic or biomedical engineering.
- A minimum of 10+ years related job experience is required in a customer, technical, or field support role with at least 5 years spent in a technical support management capacity for complex software applications or medical devices.
- Prior management experience in a service environment working with customers to resolve problems related to medical devices and medical workflow is a plus.
- This position requires availability after hours, on select holidays as well as on weekends to respond to escalated issues from customers or employees.