The Senior Manager, Shopper Insights is a key partner to assigned customer facing teams and a senior member of the Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) Shopper Insights team. He/She will play a leadership role in driving the voice of the shopper with account teams to help create shopper centric strategies, executions and experiences that impact shopper behavior. This role is integral in helping to shape strategy development and has responsibility for conducting and leveraging research (e.g. primary/custom, secondary, market measurement) in service of KDP brands and categories at assigned retailer/channel. The ideal candidate brings expertise in a variety of consumer/shopper research methods, with a leaning towards behavioral methods, experience in custom research design, use and application of syndicated data/analytics and a strong understanding of FMCG retail environment. He/she is highly skilled at integrating and synthesizing multiple sources of data and insights into compelling stories and has demonstrated experience utilizing insights to help advance strategies with retailers. In addition to account responsibility, this individual is a senior member of the KDP shopper insights team, and expected to help advance the KDP Shopper Insights vision and contribute to the development and socialization of shopper insights.Essential Functions:
- Lead and drive the utilization of shopper insights across the KDP Portfolio in a manner that influences strategy development, drives shopper centric execution and impacts shopper behavior at assigned retailers
- Leverage business acumen to proactively identify and prioritize opportunities where research can have impact in service of KDP business plans at assigned retailers
- Lead and or direct research and analysis in a manner that addresses key business questions and drives business impact in an omni-channel retail environment
- Proactively champion the voice of the shopper and help drive SI thought leadership internally and externally
- Effectively present research and recommendations to all levels including executive levels, in a manner that demonstrates SI subject matter expertise, retail understanding and knowledge of KDP business and operational complexities
- Play a lead role in the development of the KDP Shopper Insight team and capability by leading customer specific and HQ driven research, help identify and establish best practices, contribute to coaching and development of junior team members, stay abreast of industry and retail trends, new research methods, etc.
Day-to-day job responsibilities will include: support account teams and participate in customer meetings as needed, cross-functional partnership and project management, custom primary and secondary research, analysis of syndicated data in support of strategic business objectives, communication of shopper insight knowledge to relevant partnersRequirements
- BA/BS in a related field (Business, Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology). MBA in Marketing or Marketing Research a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of shopper/consumer marketing research, category leadership, and analytics experience (client/manufacturer side preferred, but not required).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in consumer package goods (CPG).
- Proficient in Windows-based software applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience/proficiency with syndicated databases (Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, etc.). Experience with data analytics and visualization software (Tableau, SPSS, SAS, etc.) is a plus.
- Beverage industry and FMCG Retail Industry experience desired.
- Highly skilled at storytelling and building effective and compelling presentations
- Experience in study design, management, and application of the following types of research: quantitative and qualitative research, virtual shopping research, optimization/conjoint analysis, path-to-purchase, mobile surveys, ethnographies, pricing, segmentation, packaging, etc.
- Understanding of emerging techniques/methodologies and their application. Ability to design, manage, analyze, and communicate primary market research related to a specific business question.
- High attention to detail with strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Up to 35% travel required.
Keurig Dr Pepper (NYSE: KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. Formed in 2018 with the merger of Keurig Green Mountain and Dr Pepper Snapple Group, we have leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and we market the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. We have an unrivaled distribution system that enables our portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. We have more than 25,000 employees and more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.