Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager, SEM will develop SEM plans and manage a team of SEM professionals to drive revenue efficiently for the Consumer Business Unit in the Americas region, in collaboration with senior management and cross-functional teams, including analytics, product marketing, optimization, legal, finance, and other marketing channels.
This role requires the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, touching all aspects of the search marketing roadmap including keyword management, account structure, ad copy, landing page, and bid optimization. A strong background in search strategy, operations and team development are required for this role.
- Build a high-performing team through coaching, development, motivation and empowerment.
- Act as a strong business manager of the Americas search marketing channel. Ensure revenue, ROAS, and other business goals are met.
- Develop SEM strategies and roadmaps to drive demand, revenue, and profit margins in accordance with company targets
- Monitor, review, and report on Americas SEM activities and results.
- Drive the planning, best practice implementation, innovation, and optimization of SEM programs, including keyword expansion, account structure, ad copy, landing pages, and keyword bid management
- Serve as a subject matter/domain area expert on multiple projects.
- Stay abreast of and share changes in search engine signals, market share, competitive landscape, and new advances in search engine marketing
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including other marketing channels, analytics, product marketing, legal and the eCommerce platform teams
- Manage relationships with SEM related vendors
- Bachelor's Degree with a strong quantitative background. Master's Degreepreferred.
- 7-10+ years of experience managing & optimizing large-scale paid search programs, preferably for well-established e-Commerce sites
- 2 years direct employee management/supervision experience
- Great leadership skills including the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive ideas from concept to completion through superior organizational and project management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, with an eagerness to consistently exceed objectives and improve processes
- An organized, self-motivated individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results; a good team player.
- Exposure to non-paid-search marketing campaigns, such as contextual ads, display ads, product listing ads, shopping engines, Facebook ads
- Experience in using keyword bid management tools
- Exceptional copy writing skills
- Proficiency in French and Latin American languages is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Test & Target, Adobe Site Catalyst, and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in SQL, Business Objects, HTML, and MS Access is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- Highly creative and innovative
- Extremely adaptable to change
- Analytical problem solver