The Senior Manager, Security Operations Center (SOC) will oversee the Security Operation Center and partner with senior management and other security and operations stakeholders to ensure critical Paychex information and assets are protected. The Senior Manager, SOC will lead a multi-shift team responsible for consolidating and monitoring security data feeds throughout the enterprise, initiates the incident response process and manages varying degrees of threat management activities. The Senior Manager SOC will also be responsible for continual improvement, incident prioritization, and tool optimization, the SOC Manager will develop and implement policies and procedures for the SOC and ensure adherence by the staff.
- Oversees the Security Operations Center leadership team and partners closely with key stakeholders to ensure critical Paychex information and assets are protected.
- Leads and sets strategic vision for the 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) focused monitoring, alerting, triage and reporting of potential security incidents and incident response function.
- Drives continuous development and refinement of the SOC structure, operating model, cyber incident response plan and activities.
- Proactively researches and recommends courses of action to senior leadership to preventsecurity incidents.
- Develops and maintains metrics that report on the overall security posture of the enterprise in terms that the business can understand and act upon to improve the state of security at Paychex.
- Establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance of the SOC department.
- Defines and communicates the department?s vision and mission. Establishes annual goals and plans strategies to meet Paychex?s and the SOC?s objectives.
- Leads the SOC department leadership team to drive employee development, performance appraisals, goal development, salary management, training, coaching and improvement of team performance to drive the team?s effectiveness.
- Monitors key performance indicators, determines gaps in performance metrics, predicts trends and recommends/initiates improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology field or sufficient combination of education and experience as a substitute for minimum education - Required
- 5 years of experience in Information Security.
- 3 years of experience in Managing other employees.
- 3 years of experience in Coordinating/supporting incident handling.
- 5 years of experience in Working with confidential information.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
- CISSP, SANS GIAC, or CEH Certified Information Systems Security professional (CISSP); GIAC: Continuous Monitoring Course (GMON), Security Essentials (GSEC), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst (GPPA), Information Security Fundamentals (GISF), Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Global Industrial Cyber - Preferred
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) - Preferred
- Physical Security Professional (PSP) - Preferred
- IAEM Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) - Preferred