Sr. Manager Sales Training & Development Diabetes Care
8 - 10 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
Candidates may reside in any city near a major airport with non-stop flights to Newark Liberty Int'l Airport.
Our client is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance cellular studies and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures, optimize respiratory care and support the management of diabetes. The company partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. The Company has more than 45, associates across 50 countries who work in close collaboration with customers and partners to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health.
In order to ensure Diabetes Care’s transformation from a provider of drug delivery devices to a leader in Interconnected Diabetes Management (IDM) solutions, the organization requires a leader dedicated to driving best practices and reinforcement of new training and initiatives. The Training and Development function is responsible for developing, designing and delivering sales training for existing brands and new product launches. The goal is to improve knowledge and competencies related to the execution of business unit and sales team objectives to improve sales skills, sales leadership competencies, sales process, and sales automation adoption; leading to increased sales effectiveness with high impact results. The Sales Training and Development Manager (STDM) will be responsible for supporting career development efforts for the Diabetes Care sales team.
This position reports to the National Sales Director – Diabetes Care and collaborates with the Sr. Directors of Marketing/MAI, RetailSales, Market Access and the Institutional Business Leader.
The Sales Training and Development Manager is a resource for the execution of the Diabetes Care business strategy by addressing the development needs of current and future Diabetes Care salesassociates at all levels. The STDM must fully understand the business strategy and be able to identify the necessary skills and competencies the associates need to successfully execute the strategy. The first hand experiences in our customers’ environment and/or credentials of the Sales Training Development Manager enhances the credibility of our training approach based on a customer centric model.
The Sales Training and Development Manager will lead the development and implementation of learning opportunities. This is a critical liaison function, requiring the skills to assist the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) in developing materials that reflect the sales process and meet the learning needs of a diverse sales force. A successful approach will ensure best practice is embedded into strategic learning modules to include traditional training (didactic and experiential), eLearning, and blended modalities. Emphasis will be on developing skill sets focused on customer interactions at the decision making level, using Company segment based selling strategies. With the support of the Leadership Team, the STDM will help develop measurement systems to ensure learning is appropriate and followed with effective coaching for continued success.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Maintain a high level of technical and market expertise.
· Lead the corporate based training programs, such as New Hire Foundational Training, and The Company Way of Selling.
· Lead the development and execution of training related to new product launches.
· Lead training and competency assessment with the Sales Leaders to implement effective sales competencies for all levels within the sales organization.
· Support and develop effective tools for new hires, value selling initiatives, account management selling for specific channels and solutions selling.
· Coordinate training calendar as designated in the Diabetes Care New Hire Training Itinerary.
· Work closely with the Sales Leaders on training requirements in the field for new hires as well as othersalesassociates as deemed appropriate by the Sales Leaders.
· Provide sales mentoring and training of “best practices” associated with technical product knowledge, competitive positioning, demonstration skills and value selling.
· Assemble/maintain competitive product and/or market information, customer evaluation and published studies that are essential to training of best practices among US sales specialists.
· Support and help develop effective tools to facilitate training needs, such as new hire training and value selling initiatives.
· Proactively identifies and responds to changes in business environment.
· Exemplifies the Company Values.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· BS or BA required. Education in Life Sciences preferred.
· 7 - 10 years of experience within healthcare industry; with demonstrated success in sales, sales training and talent development.
· Demonstrated ability to utilize various marketing and sales tools available to the Diabetes Care business.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Selling expertise with significant knowledge of medication delivery products.
· Ability to manage a large budget.
· Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills.
· Effective presentation skills; experienced with multi-media presentations.
· Familiar with adult learning principles.
· Has demonstrated ability to utilize various marketing and sales tools available to the Diabetes Care business.