At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives -- and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most -- their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO's give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 14,000 clients and 4.5 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Australia.
Our core values - Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality and Teamwork - reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
Emburse is a proud recipient of a 2020 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius. This award celebrates companies that have gone above and beyond to provide their communities, clients, and front line workers with support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a people-first company, and this award is a testament to our mission to humanize work.
Follow us to stay updated on news and job openings!
The Sr. Manager, Sales Enablement will work closely with the SVP of Revenue Operations to develop the strategies and execution plans that maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness that results in increased revenue across all Emburse business and product segments. This role will lead a team of four (4) existing sales enablement professionals and will be responsible for the ongoing strategy and growth of the team.
What you'll do:
- Analyze the current state of sales productivity in conjunction with the SVP Revenue Operations, Manager, Sales Operations and existing Sales Enablement team, resulting in the development of a 2021 Sales Enablement Roadmap
- Establish departmental objectives, ongoing KPI’s and outcome analysis for sales enablement and make recommendations for iterative process improvement
- Develop enablement plans that align with and leverage the GAP Selling sales methodology
- Map company’s sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process and tools are required by the sales organization to increase both velocity and conversion rates
- Conduct an analysis of current skills, processes, knowledge and processes; then work with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development
- Implement the development, delivery and training of effective sales playbooks in tight collaboration with sales management, sales operations, education and product marketing
- Update playbooks based on seller feedback and shifting market demands
- Help create a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively
- Work with the current Sales Enablement team to update existing new hire onboarding programs to meet the needs of an Emburse-wide sales organization versus individual business units
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience (sales preferred)
- People leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years Sales Enablement experience
- Program development: you are an expert at building and facilitating onboarding and learning and development programs in a variety of mediums with scale in mind
- Communication skills: you are an excellent teacher and coach; you understand how to work well with a variety of individuals with different skill sets, backgrounds, and personalities
- Sales enablement tools: you have a perspective on how to go about selecting tools and technology required to build a best-in-class sales enablement function
- Writing & design: you are a prolific writer with experience drafting and designing sales enablement assets and programs at high volume
- Learning & development: you have a firm grasp of essential sales-focused learning and development frameworks, methodologies, and best practices
- Sales process knowledge: strong background in sales process and methodologies
- Strategic planning and thinking
- Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to innovate
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way
- Ability to work cross-functionally for the greater good of the company
- A passion for the profession of sales
- Executive level presence and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of sales enablement technologies, processes, and best practices
- Extensive knowledge of sales training best practices (analysis, instructional design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation)
- Extensive knowledge of modern sales methodologies, sales process, and buyer’s journey alignment
- Extensive knowledge of sales management best practices, including pipeline management and developmental sales coaching.
- General knowledge of effective hiring and selection practices for sales roles
- Expert ability to manage projects from concept to completion
- Expert ability to plan and facilitate meetings
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking, and decision-making skills
- High adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change
- Strong negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Ability to consult or provide guidance on complex matters to non-specialists; ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to collaborate and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups within a team environment
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.