Benefitfocus is currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Sales Enablement to join our Charleston, SC based Sales Operations team. This is a remote opportunity. The Sr. Manager, Sales Enablement is responsible for leading a team in driving the consistent, reliable growth and success of our high-performing sales teams through effective learning programs. The Sr. Manager, Sales Enablement is responsible for some of the first interactions new sales associates have with Benefitfocus, and continues to engage, support and develop individuals throughout the entirety of their sales career. The Sr. Manager, Sales Enablement is responsible for creating a strategy to help identify learning and performance gaps and designs, develops and delivers learning solutions.
Successful candidates will bring a solid understanding of adult learning and a track record of designing and delivering programs which result in new knowledge, enhanced behaviors and desired results for the sales organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the Sales Enablement team to design and deliver exceptional learning programs for all selling roles across the spectrum of an associate’s sales career. Curriculum to include: product and company knowledge, customer and industry knowledge, sales process and methodology, sales skills development, systems and tools and well as role specific knowledge from onboarding and certification through product launches and career pathing.
- Analyze the current state of sales productivity to continue to build the strategy for Sales enablement and training processes.
- Collaborate with the Director, Sales Operations to establish departmental objectives, ongoing KPI’s and outcome analysis for sales enablement.
- Partner with the sales leadership team and make recommendations for sales process improvement
- Partner with Learning & Development, Talent Management, and Recruiting to serve as an essential player in promoting
- Create and source content to provide effective, engaging and results-driven training
- Select appropriate delivery methods and media to implement and facilitate learning programs
- Work closely with sales, marketing and product teams to turn market messaging and product capabilities into sales-specific content
- Establish and maintain instructor credibility through excellent presentation and delivery skills, business acumen, thought leadership, content expertise and professionalism
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business or learning development field
- 5-10 years of Sales Enablement experience and people leadership
- 1+ years B2B sales experience (SaaS, HMC or Benefits technology experience preferred)
- Instructional design experience including content development, delivery and program evaluations; preferably in sales
- Proven track record of delivering learning programs to improve performance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and tools for delivering web based training
Skills & Abilities
- Able to respond/adjust to dynamic industry and environment
- Decisive, confident, positive attitude
- Able to build business relationships outside of Sales Learning and Development
- Able to motivate Sales Enablement team and associates to achieve high levels of performance
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to travel +25%
- Remote Position