Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal's Credit Organization has announced an expanded partnership with Synchrony Financial (SYF) to underwrite PayPal-branded credit card products. SYF and PPC will be jointly responsible for managing the risk throughout the lifecycle of these credit products. This is an exciting organization where the contributions by the team members directly impact SYF’s and PayPal's bottom lines and create experiences that our customers love. This role will be the Senior Manager responsible for working directly with Synchrony Financial to conceive, design, and monitor credit risk management strategies to improve business profitability for consumer lending
- Work directly with Synchrony Financial to conceive, design, and monitor credit risk management strategies to improve business profitability for consumer lending
- Analyze customer level information to determine the effectiveness of credit policies and recommend necessary changes to improve profitability
- Innovative use of data and processes to improve risk management strategies and the customer experience
- Determine the impact of strategy changes on delinquency and credit losses
- Communicate concise and actionable business strategies from vast amounts of internal and external data
- Partner with key business areas such as Technology, Modeling, and Product Development to implement strategy changes
- Present new strategy recommendations for sr. management approval
- Hire, mentor, and lead a team of direct reports while providing guidance on policies, procedures, training and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics or related quantitative discipline
- 7+ years proven credit risk analytics experience or equivalent
- Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform detailed analysis
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills a must including the ability to explain and/or present analysis
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Aptitude and willingness to roll up the sleeves and get involved in the details
- Proficiency in SAS and Unix. SQL a plus
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency
- Proven ability managing and motivating a team of direct reports
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.