This role will give you an exposure to managing risk on a mature card portfolio and at the same time a ringside view and involvement into the design and launch of a brand new card portfolio. You will get to work alongside some of the smartest people in the risk management business on pioneering riskinfrastructure and strategies.
Experience in card, financial services/payments domain and Risk domain is preferred but not a requirement. Enthusiasm about solving problems in a fast-paced environment, comfort with test and learn approach and agility to drive successful pilot solutions to scale is essential.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Managing a team of 2-4 analysts/specialists engaged in development, deployment and management of Risk strategy for both the card products globally.
- Understanding fraud trends and patterns across all risk categories (Stolen Card, collusion, Stole Identity, Account Takeover etc) and deploying countermeasures.
- Partnership with the Business and Product owners to ensure alignment of strategy and go to market plans.
- Building out a holistic view of the implications of Risk Management strategies to Operations, Customer Service and Marketing and Portfolio Growth.
- Developing the vision for the next generation of riskinfrastructure and strategy for managing riskassociated with the Debit Card portfolio.
- Maintaining an understanding of the wider card ecosystem, merchant and consumer financial products and how our customers utilize them.
- A strong empathy for consumer who depend on our products. Open to creative & out of the box approach to solve issues
This individual’s key performance KPIs will include Portfolio Loss Performance and developing a scalable and flexible risk management strategy.
- Ability to get up to speed on a new content area very quickly and build awareness of current Risk and industry best practices – PayPal is constantly innovating by introducing new products and going after new and developing markets.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to build and cross check quick back-of-the-envelope estimates using analysis, be responsible for and guide more complex analyses
- Solid time management and partner management skills. Ability to manage a large, diverse set of to-dos for the team through vigorously prioritize, stay on top of multiple work streams, monitor progress. Experience with Program, Project, or Product management is a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Experience working with cross-functional, geographically distributed teams, managing by influence. Ability to contribute to strategic discussions and represent Risk in cross-functional meetings
- “Can do” attitude, team player, energetic personality, ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced ever changing environment. Desire to continue to learn and grow professionally in a performance based environment.
- Experience and aptitude to manage strong quantitative analyst, guide them and contribute to their development.
- Previous experience with Bank Issuing platforms and Risk infrastructure is a plus
- 8+ years of experience managing a financial or business product
- Exposure to the card industry or the consumer financial product.
- Experience in the quantitative domain. Exposure to managing strong quantitative analysts.
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Education - BS/BA degree
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.