The Senior Manager is the product specific lead who prepares the quarterly and ad hoc revenue deduction forecasts of contracted volume, by customer segment, working with data from multiple sources and across multiple timeframes. Gather data and perform analyses to ensure appropriate rebate accruals. Provide analyses via reports and presentations to key stakeholders including Brand and Sales Teams, Strategic Operations, Market Access, and Finance. Review customer and other data to analyze, determine, and track contract performance. Provide information used in evaluating customer value, performance, and business opportunity. Analyze impact of pricing and discounting strategies. Assist in developing business information management and reporting metrics, techniques, and tools.
- Cross-functionally gain insights and communicate information internally.
- Gather data from multiple sources (e.g., customer rebates, chargebacks, IQVIA, etc.) and update existing analysis tools. Review and report on irregularities, trends, potential opportunities, etc.
- Evaluate differing customer contracting strategies and offers, as well as the impact of various pricing and discounting strategies, and make recommendations.
- Report on actual and estimated financial impact and liabilities from contract sales, and provide recommendations re: rebate accruals for contract sales.
- Understand contracting strategies in each customer segment; develop knowledge of Market Access segments; develop familiarity with key contracts in each segment.
- Develop working familiarity with government price calculations.
- Create reports and presentations involving customer data and data from other sources.
- Assist in developing business information management and reporting metrics, techniques, tools, and systems. Proactively advise on new and relevant data, data mining, business information and analytical views.
- Build relationships internally – e.g., with Contracting, Finance, Account Directors, Commercial Analytics, Marketing, Sales, Brand team, etc. – to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Accomplish other objectives and responsibilities as identified by manager.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business, or Sciences
- 5+ years of progressive pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience, with specific experience in business or financial analysis, contract operations or administration.
- Experience with contract pricing, and an understanding of the various classes of trade as well as healthcare payers, is considered highly beneficial.
- Experience in managing teams is desired, but not required.
- Advanced level of experience in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; experience with MS Access is highly desirable, but is not a necessity. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be comfortable giving presentations to small and large groups.
- Strong attention to detail is a must. Ability to identify patterns or incongruities within large data samples necessary. Ability to work with complex formulae and to understand the relationships among the elements within a formula is required.