- Develop direct reports by providing challenging and stretching work assignments and motivate the team by creating a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Scope out and develop the plan to bring all billing functions in-house.
- Organize the people and activities and be accountable for timely filings, regulatory and ethical compliance of billing processes
- Monitor process, progress, and results of the Provider Enrollment team, which includes physician and lab licensing and credentialing responsibilities.
- Set clear objectives and measure the team to exceed key performance metrics and design feedback loops to ensure team empowerment.
- Produce high-quality analysis of monthly revenue reporting for fee schedule compliance, collection percentage, and new contracting opportunities
- Use problem-solving approach to accurately recognize critical reimbursement issues and take steps to safeguard corporate exposure and interests
- Engage the team in developing value-added and unique ideas to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department
A successful candidate will have:
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years of direct management experience in healthcare billing
- 7+ years of healthcare revenue cycle management, insurance, and contracting experience
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid regulations, CPT and ICD10 coding, medical terminology, practice management billing systems, HIPAA and Healthcare Compliance
- Experience in working with healthcare billing software packages
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.