Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Integrity, Humility, Take Action, Think Big, and Ownership and shared by every single employee. At GRIN, we expect everyone to do the right thing, which instills trust and allows us to tackle the big issues and make things happen. We move fast, because in our industry, time is our biggest opponent. We aren’t afraid to ship quickly and make changes down the road. We empower our employees to make decisions with no red tape and no fear of reprisal, as long as they take ownership and adapt along the way.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about technical revenue accounting for SaaS.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better.
- You are customer service focused and enjoy interacting with people.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the month/quarter/year-end revenue and commissions 3 business days accounting close. Ensure that financial data entered by the revenue and O2C team is accurate and in accordance with GAAP.
- Implement and manage the revenue policy per ASC 606 for all revenue streams (subscription and professional services). Implement a systematic process to ensure proper recognition of revenue and deferred revenue. Advise on the accounting implications of non-standard financial terms and modifications on sales contracts.
- Perform and document detailed technical accounting analyses over revenue recognition (incl. professional services) and commissions, ensuring compliance with ASC 606 and ASC 340.
- Manage the O2C function responsible for sales contract review and management, validation of data in Salesforce and Chargebee against the contract and revenue policy, and invoicing and accounts receivables.
- Proactively manage customer collections and take the required actions to resolve past due accounts in collaboration with internal teams, including Customer Success and Revenue Operations.
- Design and improve revenue and O2C tools and software that integrate with related systems seamlessly; generate reliable and timely financial data and metrics; optimize operational efficiency and scalability; and enforce public-company ready internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Lead, coach, mentor and train the team; drive career development and take an active interest in their growth
- Partner with the Tax team on global sales and use tax compliance and filing requirements. Ensure collection and remittance of sales taxes as appropriate with TaxJar; ensure timely and accurate filing of 1099s and T4s
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. system implementation and migrations, data validation, etc.)
What You'll Bring:
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent with a strong understanding of GAAP, general ledger structure, and financial statements; CPA required
- 5+ years of public accounting Big 4 experience required
- 4+ years of experience working directly in revenue and O2C roles, with an emphasis on building systems and technical expertise. Must have a minimum 3 years of managing a team
- Experience adopting ASC 606 required
- Experience in high-growth SaaS/FinTech environment with subscription and service products required.
- High proficiency using the NetSuite Advanced Revenue Management module in multi-currencies a plus
- Preferred tech experience: Netsuite, FloQast, Stripe, Salesforce, Gainsight
- Working knowledge of US sales tax and compliance requirements a plus
- Analytical and motivated to self-educate
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize tasks to work within tight timelines
- Ability to communicate effectively across the org with all levels