The Sr. Manager, Retail Partner Development is responsible for driving new partner acquisition and managing strategic partners in the Retail Point-of-Sale landscape.
The Sr. Manager, Retail Partner Development is responsible for driving new partner acquisition and managing strategic partners in the Retail Point-of-Sale landscape. These partners, together with PayPal’s in-store payment (PayPal Here) SDK, enable brick and mortar small and medium sized merchants (SMBs) to thrive by enabling best in class point of sale and payment systems to drive business efficiencies and scale. These partners include a variety of mobile point of sale providers, independent software vendors, hardware manufacturers, and large scale platform providers (including ecommerce platform providers).
This is a broad role in a new growth business area, which requires an entrepreneurial mindset, business savvy, and an ability to execute and prioritize in a dynamic and changing landscape. A deep understanding of the point of sale landscape, in person payment technologies, and ecommerce capabilities are beneficial to this role. You should additionally have experience in and enjoy consultative selling, pipeline management, and relationship building.
You will be responsible for identifying new partner opportunities, creating account strategy, execution plans and project management of strategic deals for the top partners. Additionally this role is responsible for working with the partner marketing team to build out and manage a go-to-market strategy, focused on developing & running promotions to drive new merchant acquisition and adoption through our key partners.
- Identify new partners to integrate PayPal’s card present processing (PayPal Here) SDK. You will source new partners, negotiate deal terms, and drive strategy around merchant acquisition in tandem with these partners from pitch to launch.
- Identify and drive growth opportunities within the existing partner portfolio through new product integration/best practices, international expansion, marketing penetration or promotions or other strategic priorities.
- Deliver financial returns and/or successful completion of strategic goals.
- Build relationships with senior management at potential partners, engendering trust, confidence, loyalty, awareness and mutual benefit.
- Establish yourself internally and externally as the main point of contact for anything related to your partner through strong internal involvement across all eBay assets and deep engagement.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for PayPal to penetrate new markets or merchants with or through a partner, bringing in or responding to sales initiative when appropriate
- Work closely with PayPal functional groups (Product, Risk, Engineering, and Operations). Engage deeply with partners to find product and onboarding pain points and help inform and prioritize our product roadmap.
- Work with Marketing to create strategies and execute activities that will drive partner advocacy, merchant acquisition, and increase total merchant processing volume.
- Promote the value prop of PayPal Here as well as Express Checkout/PayPal Credit/PayPal Working Capital/Braintree to partners and evangelize partner value and partner capabilities within PayPal. Be the voice of the partner: advocate for your partners, ensure team and strategy are customer focused
- Maintain Salesforce for tracking of all marketing initiatives, product opportunities, and contractual opportunities and be able to use internal tools for account mgmt. (Admin Tools, Pandora, etc)
- 7+ years’ experience in sales, business development or relationship management with ecommerce, retail and/or channel partners
- 4+ years’ experience in ecommerce, merchant services, and/or acquiring industry
- Familiarity with point of sale and/or ecommerce technology preferred
- Minimum MBA or equivalent
- Confident communicator able to drive results with C-level contacts internally and externally
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable navigating large and complex organizations to influencing and obtain stakeholder buy in.
- Proven ability to uncover and deliver revenue through partnerships.
- Expert negotiator in channel, small business and/or technical sales
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.