Job ID 566236BR
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
At the Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help empower film makers and studio executives with the insights to create entertainment products that delight fans around the world.
The Studio Consumer Analytics and Insights team is a dynamic group of researchers and analytics professionals who bring the consumer voice into studio decision making every day. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Research Operations.
In partnership with the Director of Research Operations, this position leads the team responsible for managing primary quantitative and qualitative research studies on behalf of the Walt Disney Studios. The senior manager plays an instrumental role in the day-to-day management of several simultaneously occurring research projects being conducted for various departments within the Studio.
- Overall, lead the team managing research projects from inception to completion, including the development of appropriate methodologies, data analysis and report delivery. Specifically, manage in-home release-specific research including, but not limited to, Market Positioning Studies, Commercial Testing and Post Release Surveys in order to maximize the sales potential of each in-home release
- Oversee the management of a weekly tracking study of the advertising and availability awareness of in-home releases.
- Working with Research Business Partners, ensure that the detailed findings and recommendations of every report are on target and provide strategic guidance to The Walt Disney Studios.
- Conduct numerous ad-hoc, custom quantitative and qualitative research projects on an as needed basis.
- Help maintain the research department’s repository, posting and updating data as necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with research counterparts from other divisions of The Walt Disney Company as well as external vendors.
- Respond to time sensitive data requests from internal clients.
- Stay abreast of current trends and new techniques in the field of market research.
- Must have 4-7 years quantitative and qualitative market research experience.
- Must have extensive research background, either supplier-side, client-side, or some combination.
- Entertainment Market Research experience strongly preferred.
- International Market Research experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Solid project management skills and experience, including questionnaire design, data analysis and report writing, as well as presenting of findings.
- Must have strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
- Ability to represent the Director in key stakeholder meetings, with ability to explain research methodologies or findings effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible personality, quick learner and a strong, pro-active work ethic.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team, including in a supervisory role.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box in assisting with the development of methodological approaches.
- Computer literate with proficiencies in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- At minimum, must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Psychology or related field.
- MBA or advanced degree in Market Research or Statistics a plus.