The Regional Financial Services Leader (RFSL) has responsibility for the ongoing securities supervision / education of all registered representatives (financial specialists, agents, sales producers, field distribution leaders) of Allstate Financial Services, LLC within a region to ensure strict adherence to broker/dealer policies and procedures as well as applicable NASD (National Association of Securities Dealers), SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission), and state securities laws and regulations.
This individual has responsibility for supporting senior field distribution leaders in the development and implementation of regional and territorial business strategies (production plan and financial specialist development, deployment, retention) and tactics to increase market share in financial services products. This individual shares direct responsibility with senior sales leaders in the region’s achievement of its annual production and staffing plans.
Production Plan / Producer Accountabilities
- Develop, in partnership with senior frontline distribution leaders, a regional / territorial ALR strategic business plan (sales and marketing, deployment, retention, partnerships, communication, education, etc.) that supports the achievement of the region’s overall ALR production plan.
- Work with senior frontline distribution leaders to translate territorial business strategies into clear objectives, tactics, specific action steps and accountabilities, preparing producer production estimates, forecasting staff and other resource needs, anticipating problems, and developing contingency plans.
- Engage in personal recruiting activities designed to attract high caliber sales candidates for the region and provide recruiting support for region sales leaders by engaging in discussions with their potential candidates.
- Assist leadership with the development of their teams' financial services skills by accurately appraising overall strengths and weaknesses and providing groups/individuals with targeted education.
- Champion new ideas and initiatives; identify new business opportunities and make them a reality; foster innovation and risk-taking.
- Establish a regional strategy for developing / strengthening new and existing agent/financial specialist partnerships.
- Supervise all securities transactions and all stock and bond trades made by any registered representatives working with the President of Broker/Dealer in regard to these activities.
- Oversee traditional life compliance with regulatory requirements and Company policies and standards. Monitor traditional life compliance issues, communicate findings and educate producers on acceptable business practices.
- Review and coach direct sales teams on annual business planning to assure consistency with the objectives of the territory and region.
- Develop and implement strategies for direct sales teams to achieve sales and business objective targets.Promptly addressing any suitability concerns brought to his/her attention and ensuring that the appropriate documentation is in place for future auditing; and, when requested, working with the Compliance Department to address any securities related customer complaints.
- Establishing/managing a process for the review and approval of any securities related customer correspondence and maintaining documentation for future auditing.
- Promptly investigate and document (includes any disciplinary action taken) any securities transaction that appears on the Broker/Dealer “Exceptions Reports.
- Develop a regional financial services education strategy ensuring that all registered representatives have access to the appropriate product knowledge and compliance education.
- Coordinate all regional interactions with respect to the deployment of ALR products / programs.
- 10+ years of financial services experience with 5+ years as a branch manager or compliance-related experiencepreferred
- 4 year college degree
- Series 7, 24, 51/53, 63 (in some states) or equivalent
- Life Licensed
- Industry certifications (preferred)
- Extensive Financial Services product knowledge
- Expertise in NASD, SEC, Broker/Dealer compliance requirements
- Strong financial services industry experience, knowledge and skills
- In-depth understanding of all financial services products/processes in order to assist producers in serving customer needs via products within in the Allstate Financial portfolio
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions
- Strong distribution leadership experience, knowledge, and skills
- Experience in using Allstate technology (i.e., ALSTAR, IMPACT, Access Allstate, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with industry including competitors and trends (i.e., knows what it takes to be successful in the financial services industry through knowledge of the industry’s history, customers, and competitive environment)
- Superior interpersonal skills – Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust
- Strong communication skills – Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management
- Problem solving – Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues
- Team building – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc
- Talent management – Fosters an environment that provides learning opportunities and support to direct reports
- Planning and organizational skills – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives
- Strong business knowledge and leadership skills,
- Ability to develop effective internal relationships across business functions
- Overnight travel