Neenah is actively looking for an innovative and hardworking individual to join our Procurement Team. As an expanding and fast-paced business, our strategies are led by a clear vision: We manufacture growth – for our people, customer, end-users and shareholders. This includes investing in our people and building the best team in our industry.
The Sr. Manager, Raw Materials Sourcing is responsible for leadership of strategic sourcing of global raw material spending for the organization and will report into the VP, Procurement. Expectations are to continuously deliver value to the business via strategic sourcing, cost reduction, supplier performance management, innovation and risk management. This position will be responsible for strategic thought partnership with business leaders with a focus on continuous improvement and risk mitigation. This position requires extremely strong negotiation skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence with the ability to develop a deep understanding of key raw materials and their cost profiles and use in our products. This role will need to work effectively with senior leadership both internally and with key suppliers and have the ability to develop deep collaborative relationship with the R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Business Leaders across the Neenah businesses.
Lead Global Raw Materials Strategic Sourcing Efforts
- Lead global commodity leaders either directly, or indirectly to establish and manage sourcing strategies for raw materials
- Design how we approach direct sourcing globally including establishing a cadence of consistence global meetings
- Act as an internal change agent to drive improvements in total cost in use
- Lead team to provide a competitive advantage to the business through domain expertise, environmental/sustainability, market research and trends and category best practices
- Mitigate supply chain risk where applicable to ensure supply and quality
- Develop and foster strategic supplier relationships to unlock new value drivers to ensure sustained productivity & supply
- Provide leadership and direction for the $250M+ raw materials spend
Leadership of team and supply partners to achieve individual, team and business objectives
- Lead and manage the direct sourcing team for the organization
- Provide leadership, training, feedback, and development opportunities for team members to drive personal and team growth and domain expertise
- Provide leadership and feedback to supply partners to drive continuous improvement in cost, quality and supply disruptions
- Ownership of KPIs to monitor and drive improvement in both team and supplier performance
Provide value added services to the business units
- Focus on continuous improvement and deliver cost improvement opportunities to business units
- Be a conduit between business units to facilitate synergies and best practice sharing
- Align vendor capabilities with our R&D and technical groups to quickly bring new products to market.
- Act as procurement lead for global raw materials across the business
- Provide key raw material trends and market data to business teams to support sales and pricing efforts
- Refine raw material sourcing and data collection process to ensure it meets the CSR/ESG needs of commercial team and customers
- 10 -15 years of progressive leadership experience in sourcing and procurement
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably with a focus in supply chain management or chemical engineering
- Experience managing direct spend of significant portion of direct materials for an organization
- Excellent negotiator who has developed and managed contracts and agreements
- Experience sourcing, owning and managing supplier relationships and complex end to end supply chains
- Experience working with synthetic latex and industrial chemicals a plus
- Dynamic problem solver and strategic thinker that has demonstrated the ability to drive results in a complex cross-organizational and cross-functional global environment.
- Must be able to relate well with individuals at all levels, inside and outside of organization
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently as part of a geographically dispersed, virtual team.