Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job – it’s personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
- Responsible for project management, planning, and business analysis for Horizon Pharma’s Business Systems group. This role will be focused on initiatives in support of the Quality and Medical Affairs teams, including the implementation and ongoing support/management of the portfolio of IT applications.
- Performs requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, and key analytical troubleshooting.
- Responsible for complete application lifecycle management within area of responsibility. This includes requirements definition, change control, documentation control, design modifications, testing, development, and day-to-day operational support.
- Effectively manages project efforts, to include: project plan, scope/budget/resource management, time management (activities & task planning), communications, risk management, QA and testing, user training, ongoing maintenance and support.
- Leverages deep understanding of supported business area in order to develop roadmap for IT solutions.
- Keeps up to date on latest developments within the application software suite in order to understand how the applications can be further leveraged to meet business needs.
- Effectively develops and maintains relationships with supported business customers.
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Support the development of internal and external team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to travel, when necessary, to perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, either in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in IT project management/business analysis or relevant combination of education and experience, in Pharma / Life Sciences industry
- Minimum 5 years experience working with supported business function (Quality, Medical Affairs)
- Minimum 5 years experience with systems solution delivery, configuration, or development, including Veeva.
- Experience with formal SDLC methodology required, as well as with computer system validation processes, 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11 compliance
- Experience managing vendors, building relationships and leveraging outsourced service providers with healthcare or life sciences industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex information.
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department