Reporting to Group Manger Enterprise Quality, the individual will be responsible for the development, management and execution of a Quality program focused compliance and continuous improvement program.
The candidate will define strategy, program, process, metrics and communication of a best in class Quality program whose purpose is to develop and sustain a culture of compliance and continuous improvement across the Campbell Quality organization through definition and utilization of continuous improvement methodologies, tools and technologies.
This individual will work with manufacturing facilities, Business Quality and other departmental SMEs to ensure standards are being executed against as intended. To aid compliance this role will develop an audit program and calendar for the network. This role will interact with their counterpart in the Occupational Health and Safety group to develop a similar program.
He/she will define and communicate tools appropriate to the Quality organization designed to drive improvement through focused root cause investigation, resolution and execution. He/she will continuously improve the organization’s awareness and utilization through training, technology, and method optimization.
The individual will formulate and facilitate change initiatives and events designed for identified opportunities. The individual will act as a change agent identifying opportunities for advancements internally as well as needed adaptation for changing customer and regulatory requirements.
This role will collaborate with all quality teams to establish partnerships, to define program direction and focus. The program will elevate Campbell Quality through increases in efficiency and effectiveness of processes, programs, and systems. The role will also collaborate with other continuous improvement teams in Campbell to promote sharing and best practices.
- Develop comprehensive Quality Compliance and Continuous Improvement program to assure safe, high quality products are delivered through effective and efficient processes and systems. Collaborate with all quality functions, enterprise and division, to prioritize the program definition and content annually.
- Define, plan and manage annual audit and continuous improvement program cycles with supporting resource management and timely completion.
- Present program annually to senor leadership for review and approval.
- Lead the use of cutting-edge continuous improvement tools for Quality application through targeted trainings and communications across all quality functions. Strengthen existing tools for improvement such as facility level internal audit program, and Food Safety plan effectiveness.
- Facilitate focused events using continuous improvement tools to identify and resolve gaps, and potential improvements throughout all aspects of Quality to ensure compliance with regulations and our standards.
- Collaborate with other existing continuous improvement functions in Campbell to share methods and best practices.
- Create an enterprise network of continuous improvement champions to broaden and sustain use of continuous improvement tools and methods.
- Investigate and apply technology options to elevate the use of Continuous Improvement tools throughout the organization.
- Expert knowledge of continuous improvement tools for issue/improvement identification and resolution such as Gemba, PDCA, 5 Why, Kaizen, ...
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Quality systems
- Ability to collaborate with key Quality functions to align on risk, priority, and scope
- Knowledge of food manufacturing and related processes
- Ability to accurately translate observations and findings into risk. Evaluate processes, systems and controls for sufficiency and completeness.
- Sufficient skill to establish and institutionalize analytics, basic process control statistics and sampling to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Record of leadership and demonstrated success in collaborative development, documentation, planning, and implementation.
- Change management mindset with the ability to effectively plan, communicate, and execute program elements including program definition, communication, resources, priorities and reporting
- Ability to develop and implement training modules to elevate to a Continuous improvement culture
- Strong partnering and relationship development with external technical organizations and associations
- Ability to drive organizational alignment on program prioritization and definition of structure, processes, and systems to achieve valued business results.
- Bachelor’s degree - Sciences, analytical or technical field
- Minimum 7-10 years in Continuous Improvement and/or Food Safety and Quality program management
- Food manufacturing and consumer goods experience; scientific and quality terminology
- Demonstrated effective use of CI tools such as PDCA, Gemba, 5S, A3, etc.. Demonstrated effective us of execution tools in project management.
- Proven leadership in development and implementation of Quality Improvement program
- Successful experience with identifying controls, risk assessments, developing and executing audit plans, HACCP.
- Demonstrated orientation to action in a flexible, fast-paced work environment with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills and ability to competently present to senior management
- Ability to synthesize information and findings, extrapolate into risks and priorities, and translate into meaningful resolution and improvement
- Travel up to 50%