Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter's leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we've been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter's employees worldwide are now building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages through subordinates the coordination of the activities of several sections or departments in the Quality organization. Is responsible for results in terms of compliance and/or product quality and conformance to regulations and Baxter quality policies.
- Manages the activities of several sections or departments in the Quality organization with responsibility for results in terms of compliance and/or product quality.
- Implements the quality systems procedures in several sections or departments and manages compliance.
- Understands and ensures conformance to regulations applicable to several sections or departments.
- May participate in or manage quality assessments of internal operations and suppliers to analyst compliance and assess risk.
- Interacts frequently with internal subordinate supervisors, functional peer and senior group managers.
- Manages interactions with regulators and customers to represent the company products and processes.
- Identifies and manages continuous improvement projects with the objective of achieving quality, reliability and cost improvements.
- Develops budget for several sections or departments and ensures adherence to the budget.
- Manages coaching, training and development of direct reports and team.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable procedures, specifications, regulations and standards.
- Ability to manage / supervise a large team of employees.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- BS in science or engineering; advanced degree helpful.
- 7 years in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of management experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy.