You will oversee and manage Key Process Indicator metrics to monitor supplier performances. You are responsible for preparing device and process quality reports and dashboards for reporting, collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. You will communicate this information cross functionally within the business to influence cross functional business stakeholders in order for sound business decisions to be made. In addition, you will study mobile device functional performances and consumer field returns to ensure device generational improvements and continuous improvement lessons learned.
You will need to define device acceptable criteria and risk mitigation plans when issues arise. As well as analyze associated cost due to poor quality and communicate the results to leadership. You will be expected to lead and coordinate task forces that drive timely issue resolution (defect identification, root cause investigation, implementation of solutions and monitoring of product performance). You will also review and manage the metrics to monitor supplier performance to ensure cross functional teams and suppliers are focused and working on the right priorities and business strategies.
You will be expected to conduct ISO and QMS audits of suppliers to validate their ability to provide quality products. From these audits you will be expected to communicate the results both verbally and in writing cross functionally to business partners.
You will work closely with core development and operational teams (product development, engineering, marketing, supply chain, customer service, retail, suppliers, distribution centers, repair centers and the corporate office). In addition, you will need to build and leverage strong partnerships with cross functional teams and suppliers.
You are responsible for leading a team of Quality Engineers/Professionals whose key focus is tomanage both the OEM manufacturing/assembly and Product Quality of purchased and repaired products throughout the lifecycle of the device. The manager, will lead continuous improvement initiatives of products, processes, and systems that drive cost saving changes into the business and ensure that the activities and initiatives align with business strategic goals. In addition, as required you will maintain and train the quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees. You will provide coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results on a regular basis to ensure quality results from the team.
You will be expected to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies as needed to stay current with the telecom quality industry.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Manage and provide leadership, mentoring, coaching and career development planning for team members. Ensure strategic goal alignment and productivity is maximized to produce quality benefits and results. Work closely with the team to improve analytics and collaborative efforts to ensure product quality is carefully and effectively communicated to internal and external business stakeholders.
- Establish and manage the Quality Policy and Quality Management System requirements for procured and repaired products. Regularly review the Policy and QMS to assure compliance and customer needs are adequately being met and served. Identify opportunities to continuously improve processes, products, and systems and provide training, support and resources.
- Establish and monitor quality standards for all products and services related to mobile devices. Proactively resolve and prevent product quality issues. Implement strong quality management and FMEA processes with each OEM to minimize the impact on customers and operations.
- Establish key process indicators, monitor, measure, and report on suppliers performance levels. Prepare quarterly scorecards for each supplier. Communicate results to leadership.
- Drive a better product/service experience by influencing cross-functional process improvement, and through the proactive identification and authoring of business requirements to be driven into the next HW and SW maintenance release of a product or generational improvement. Participate and lead projects that help drive operational efficiencies and corporate strategies. For example, driving down mobile device Exchange Rates, Buyer’s Remorse Rates, No Trouble Found Rate, etc.
- Establish requirements for evaluation and approval of new suppliers. As needed, perform ISO compliance audits of suppliers (new and existing) on their capabilities, quality management system, line readiness, supplier management system, effectiveness of continuous improvement process, training process, metrics collection and analysis process. Review audit reports and action items to ensure closed loop feedback and escalate issues as needed.
- Establish Quality Requirements for Service/Repair of T-Mobile assets. Engage with third party logistics provider to understand and improve upon all repair quality issues. Establish metrics for repair quality and monitor supplier performances. Work with Prod Development on handset characterization prior to launch to setup test plans. Establish a close loop new product launch process and insure all repair requirements by model are met prior to launch. Manage and execute the Design for Serviceability program to assure OEM’s are compliant with repair dispositions and costs.
- Establish Test/Inspection and Sampling Plan requirements for DCs and third party logistics providers. Provide audit, training and consulting for Quality Systems, change management, and process improvements. Identify and implement solutions to effectively manage the distribution volumes with improved processes. Establish sampling plans and inspection plans to be used by distribution centers and repair centers to verify product received from suppliers.
- Must possess the technical expertise to understand both HW and SW issues and be able to communicate issues with supplier and technology vendors. . In addition, must be able to communicate the issue (both technical and non-technical) cross functionally to gain buy-in and feedback from stakeholders.
- Establish quality inputs into Roadmap & Supplier selection/approval processes through New Product Introduction initiatives and frequent manufacturing line readiness reviews and repair audits.
- Conduct Product Quality Reviews, Design For Serviceability Reviews, First Article Inspections, Early Warning Process (for Buyer’s Remorse and Advanced Warranty Exchanges, etc)
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Must have 3+ years experience managing a team of engineers/professionals.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in establishing and managing Quality Systems and Supplier Quality Programs.
- Must have experience in Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering or related engineering function.
- Must have Design, Manufacturing and Repair Quality Management experience in either mobile devices or related consumer electronics.
- Must have technical and/or working knowledge of consumer electronics. For example, hardware (PCB and component) and software testing experience.
- Must have strong working knowledge of all quality system tools such as DOE (Design of Experiments), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Process Capability, Process Control, Six Sigma, CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Action), DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Gage R&R, ORT (Ongoing Reliability Testing).
- Must have experience with driving QA strategic change control and process management throughout the business.
- Must have strong experience in process analysis, process change methodology and quality data metrics implementation.
- Must be able to perform ISO factory audits of OEMs and sub tier vendors.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills and be able to communicate in front of large groups.
- Must be detail oriented and have good managerial and organizational skills.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Programs (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Sharepoint).