The Sr Manager-Quality Assurance is responsible for providing general leadership and technical guidance to a team of quality assurance testing analysts in the areas of testing analysis, design, test execution and defect reporting and analysis. The Sr Manager-Quality Assurance will lead the testing strategy throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and work with program/project managers to ensure the effectiveness of the testing efforts by understanding key program/project testing requirements and success criteria.
- Major areas of accountability:
- Test Design ~~ Test Management ~~ Project Management ~~ Test Execution ~~ People Leadership.
- Manage the planning and execution of product/system testing efforts. Develop an understanding of the technology solution to develop, design and implement the appropriate testing strategy. Manage scope change impacts. Determine appropriate process, methodology and techniques (including test tools and test automation methods) to apply to each testing project. Ensure that appropriate test documentation is maintained to facilitate the testing process and meet compliance requirements.
- Effectively lead a quality assurance testing team (employee and/or vendor) in a manner that ensures effective execution of project deliverables (in terms on time, quality and budget). This includes: recruitment, performance management, salary administration, career planning and budget management. Lead and oversee a team of testing professionals that are accountable for delivering software testing services at Ameriprise. Facilitate the professional growth and development of the quality assurance testing team.
- Provide oversight of the end-to-end testing process to ensure adherence to testing strategies, standards, policies, tools and procedures. Guide testing practitioners to consistently apply appropriate testing principles and standards during all phases of the SDLC and ensure that products meet established quality standards and customer requirements. Drive the resolution and communication of cross-application and cross-organizational quality testing issues.
- Regularly report testing progress, defect identification and defect resolution statuses to project leadership. Educate Technology and business partners on the importance of following quality assurance testing methodologies and best practices. Ensure that all defects are documented and properly addressed.
- Work with the program/project manager to develop project plan, schedule and resource model related to the required testing efforts. Develop detailed project work plans and monitor all testing activities throughout the project lifecycle. Anticipate program/project release problems and take appropriate corrective actions, escalating as needed, to resolve and deliver on project commitments.
- Effectively plan, manage and execute the testing processes to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met. Maintain records of all test results using the designated tool set. Review system and functional documentation as part of the testing process and make suggestions for changes or improvements where required. Actively participate in project phase end review sessions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience leading a team of quality assurance testing professionals or other technical professionals.
- Experience working with a variety of test management and defect tracking tools (e.g. HP Quality Center).
- Expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Testing concepts, methodologies, processes and tools.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience working with Test Automation tools.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics (e.g. defect profiles).
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with others to achieve company and project goals.
- Ability to be assertive and diplomatic when working through project quality assurance testing issues.
- Skilled in understanding business requirements, establishing credibility and building client relationships.
- Testing experience within the P&C Insurance or Financial Services industries.