The Sr Manager, Project Management is a key position reporting directly to the VP, IS Operations & Enablement. The successful candidate will be an energetic and clear communicator who possesses outstanding people, project, and process management skills and is adept at collaborating with various stakeholders across IS and the business. This includes working across IS to create best practices and standard methodologies and ensuring follow-through on the part of key players to achieve goals. As a close partner to the VP IS Operations & Enablement, the candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, judgment, integrity, and leadership. He or she will drive the delivery of large projects and programs, and talent management strategies and support execution of all aspects of them on behalf of the IS group, driving awareness and commitment related to a revised vision for IS, and mobilizing IS and business stakeholders to take actions or operate in new ways.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage execution of large, complex cross-functional projects and programs from beginning to end including all phases – planning, requirements, design, testing and cutover
- Collaborate directly with the business and functional teams to define project scope and all required deliverables, activities, activity sequence, Work Break-down Structure (WBS) and work estimates to create a framework for the project schedule
- Manage all aspects of the project including the plan, resources, dependencies, change management and budget utilizing internal project management tools
- Understand and integrate all aspects of change management into each project to proactively manage the change for customers and stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize and determine the project's acceptance criteria/critical success factors and manage stakeholder expectations throughout the project
- Ensure project objectives are met within the constraints of project scope, time, cost and quality
- Actively monitor project dependencies and risks
- Lead, motivate, manage and support assigned team members to ensure adherence to process and procedures and to maximize contribution to effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinate and communicate with project resources, internal team, stakeholders and vendors on all aspects of project progression/status
- Measure progress and monitor performance (overall, scope, schedule, costs, quality)
- Seek out guidance and delivery assurance input from senior leadership
- Actively manage risks including issue escalation and resolution
- Present project status in front of senior and executive leadership
- Manage conflicts that may arise during the course of project and program execution
- Identify and implement IT organizational process improvements and related performance measures.
- Engage continually with the broader organization, ensuring that the SVP remains aware of opportunities to be considered or unanticipated problems to be addressed.
- Manage project managers on the team in all aspects of people management
- Process sensitive and confidential information with professionalism, judgment, and tact.
Skills & Experience
This person is a self-motivated individual with excellent team management and organizational skills who possesses:
- BA degree in business, finance, or related discipline, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of business experience working with senior leadership and executive levels of organizations preferred
- Experience in successfully managing team size of 15+
- Experience in successfully managing IT portfolio size of $5M+
- Proficient people manager with experience of performance management and goal setting for team members.
- Demonstrates leadership, initiative, efficiency, productivity, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.