The Senior Manager leads a team of IT professionals responsible for the management and execution of all business application projects.
The Project delivery team is accountable for converting logical designs provided by the IT business partner teams into functional and technical specifications. These specifications will include functional design, system configuration, program enhancements, and testing requirements for the design. Members on this team will have the additional responsibility of working with business teams on implementing designs. The Project Delivery team will have expertise in IT tools utilized to manage business processes.
This leader will manage a team of employee resources as well as an extended team of contract resources. Leadership skills and ability to introduce new methodologies is key to success in this role.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership and Management – 65%
- Manages the team responsible for the organization's business applications implementation and integration function.
- Leads management and monitors execution of implementation and integration projects.
- Leads development of implementation road map.
- Identifies, proposes and leads software enhancement and updates.
- Manages ongoing for multiple project, programs and work streams. Communicates weekly on progress.
- Ensures and monitors team member productivity. Regularly provide constructive feedback, coaching and training for staff.
- Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Responsible for coordinating activities among internal functional groups, as well as sharing information with business partners to identify and resolve issues related to projects.
- Collaborates with business partners to identify and provide solutions.
Application Project Delivery – 35%
- Works collaboratively with cross function IT team members to ensure effective cross-project communication and issue management.
- Leads the development of the transition process of newly developed specifications to successful transition to the dedicated development team.
- Provides technical consulting for project planning and requirements.
- Accountable for policy recommendations and medium-term planning.
- Proactively anticipates short term barriers to achieving goals or plans, and effectively communicates possible solutions.
Education and Experience Profile
- 8 years of relevant experience with a combination of functional technical experience with aspects of major enterprise business systems and related technologies as well as experience in a management and leadership role providing functional support to business applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- SAP module configuration experiencedesired.
- Assumes accountability for her/his actions and results.
- Contributes to a positive and inclusive team environment, inspires others.
- Integrates well, builds constructive relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Able to direct and build high performing teams.
- Able to develop a staffing plan that meets both customer expectations and financial constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to create positive and productive work environments with excellence standards in development. Experience with managing multiple development environments.
- SAP management experiencedesired.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple development effort simultaneously leveraging metrics and standard management techniques.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other business organizations; successful experience in working with diverse groups of people in a problem-solving environment
- History of applying varied approaches to solve complex technology design and development challenges.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, plan and execute development in a consistent, predictable manner with high quality results.
- Ability to scope effort required by technical staff to complete projects.
- Service orientation to solving problems and working collaboratively in a global environment.
Job # US10701