Industry: Managed Care & Health Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 425 days ago
This position will serve a key role in planning, directing and measuring the overall activities of large scale, cross-departmental projects. The position with take the lead in working with executive management team on priority initiatives designed to improve operations and meet key customer deliverables. This position will provide technical expertise, project management planning, execution and reporting to individual project teams and work closely with leadership and the executive team on initiatives. Responsible for ensuring projects are within scope and meet time and budget targets.
- Manages all operational aspects of a project and scope
- Meets with business process owners and key stakeholders to identify the project's goals, objectives, critical success factors, and success measures.
- Develops a detailed project charter to serve as a critical communication tool for key stakeholder buy in and set expectations.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Tracks and assigns resources needed and oversees individual responsibilities.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to project team members.
- Effectively applies Magellan's methodology and enforces project standards using Microsoft Project or other approved toolkit templates.
- Prepares for project reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project, appropriately raising awareness on at-risk items.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Participates in enterprise wide project planning and strategy planning as required.
- Provides status reporting to stakeholders on a regular basis. Apprises management of issues requiring resolution in order to maintain progress on a timely basis.
- Leads in the establishment and facilitation of Project Management processes and tools.
- Conducts lessons learned to continually improve processes.
- Contributes to, implements, and maintains best practices and project management policies and guidelines.
- Prepares Business Case and Return on Investment (ROI) to show impact to the business.
- Assists in the development of resource management and project financial materials.
Bachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
LSSBB -LeanSix SigmaBlack Belt Certification - Enterprise, LSSGB -LeanSix SigmaGreen Belt Certification - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
10+years project managementexperience in thehealthcare industry., Advanced knowledge of project management practices and methodologies. Successful track record of delivering projects within scope and on time with superior results. Proven ability to plan, organize,schedule, direct, control and monitor project activities. Well developed interpersonal skills. Ability to performfinancial (ROI) andquantitative analysis. Self directed and motivated with strong analytical skills, systematic and orderly planning abilities, and high attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to evaluate key business objectives and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives. Proficiency inMSProject and Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.