Sr. Manager Program Operations
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking twoexperienced Sr. Program Managers (Operations) to join our team in Chandler, AZ.
The Sr. Program Manager of Operations will provide operational focus (Cost, Quality, Schedule) for their assigned program. The candidate will be responsible for the overall Operational performance for the lifecycle of their assigned program. This includes proposal through launch/delivery.
- Lead all proposal efforts for the operations team
- Establish and execute all Operations Plans including material, manufacturing, and I&T
- Change agent to improve material flow and empowerment within I&T utilizing lean practices and visual management
- Develop assembly and manpower forecast
- Establish methodology to ensure daily, weekly, and monthly objectives are achieved
- Cost Account Management (CAM)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business or Related Field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Very strong MS Project, Excel, Power Point and Word skills
- Previous experience leading a multi discipline team
- Previous experience implementing lean projects
- Experience managing a Product line preferred
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or related field is required plus 14 years of experience.
- 14 years experience in a Program or Operations environment is preferred.
- This position will require FOUO.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
Job ID: MH20180305-45481