The Sr. Manager, Product Strategy is responsible for product strategy development, product innovation and new product development and planning. This role will lead the execution of product strategy for an assigned product family or line of business, which includes recommending new products, changes to existing products, pricing and forecasting. The Sr. Manager, Product Strategy will be responsible for identifying and analyzing industry trends, defining competitive positioning, leveraging new technology and working closely with the Product Marketing, Product Implementation and Business Data Analytics to create strategies that increase market share and meet or exceed member needs and goals.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop and execute strategies for product acquisition, utilization, retention and enhancement.
- Lead the ongoing integration of financial activities, including planning, forecasting and business analysis to drive product initiatives.
- Create annual operating plan for assigned product family or line of business that includes product mix, pricing, utilization and growth.
- Define and create product strategies and roadmaps, managing products through their lifecycle.
- Evaluate, prioritize and lead decision making regarding new products and marketing opportunities based on financial viability and BECU brand fit.
- Create positioning strategy for product family/ line of business based on competitive and marketplace assessment.
- Leverage understanding of economic, regulatory, social, cultural and competitive developments as they affect products/lines of business in order to identify potential threats and opportunities for BECU business.
- Initiate and lead cross-functional teams to deliver Product Management business objectives.
- Lead member and market research to define member targets and marketing mix.
- Have a thorough understanding of BECU’s operating plan and products in order to facilitate accomplishing the goals and objectives of the plan.
- Coordinate with the Product Marketing Manager any necessary product promotions and materials.
- Represent the Credit Union at tradeevents and informational activities.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to self-motivate and develop a strong knowledge of the company's products, services, policies, procedures and culture.
- Ability to provide business and competitive analytics.
- Ability to perform portfolio management and pricing.
- Ability to collect pertinent data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions as well as formulate ideas and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required to effectively communicate with management, staff, and outside contacts.
- Ability to successfully define and launch products.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, management, and outside contacts.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly to changing work priorities.
- Effective cross-functional team leadership, relationship building, influence and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for periods of up to two hours or more.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Marketing or Business related area or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience Product or Brand management experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years of experience creating Product/Marketing plans required.
- Product management or retail sales experience in a financial institution required.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to executive level audiences.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.